- Ford steps on the gas. Coupe, George // Engineer (00137758);9/26/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7636, p8
Reports that Ford Motor Co. held talks with the government in the hope of establishing a pilot scheme for hydrogen fuel cell cars in Great Britain. Use of a hybrid battery; Recharging of battery by regenerative braking system; Top speed limit; Fuel cell efficiency.
- Running on Fumes. Terrell, Kenneth // U.S. News & World Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 14, p58
Discusses fuel-cell-powered cars in the U.S., such as the Ford Focus FCV. Advantages; Why they are a bigger risk than hybrid electric cars; Estimated cost of the changeover to hydrogen; How engineers are looking for ways to cut cost and weight; Design; Attempts to address the problem of fuel...
- Letter from the Editor. // Ward's Auto World;Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p10
The article offers the author's insights on the journal. The author says that their WardsAuto.com Vehicles & Technology Forum provides a variety of discussions from different fields of the automobile industry. He encourages readers to start discussions ranging from the use of aluminum in the...
- H2 Station Ready for Fuel Cells. // Ward's Auto World;Sep99, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p31
Provides information on the hydrogen fueling station built by Ford Motor Co. in its research laboratory in Dearborn, Michigan. Purpose of building the fueling station; Features of the P2000 HFC fuel-cell test vehicle of Ford; Other automakers that manufacture fuel cell cars.
- COMPOSITES HELP FUEL-CELL VEHICLES SET NEW SPEED RECORDS. // Composites Technology;Oct2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p13
The article announces that the Ford Fusion Hydrogen 999 car set a new speed record for hydrogen fuel-cell powered vehicles at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. Built in collaboration with Ballard Power Systems, Roush Industries and Ohio State University, the car is based on Ford Motor Company's...
- Ford offers snow mobile. Sinek, Jeremy // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p10
Reports on Ford Motor Co.'s offer of the Aerotrac minivan to Canadian Ford and Mercury dealers. Aerostar XL five-seater as the basis of the minivan; Standard option package; Pricing.
- Ford upgrades Ecostar safeguards. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;12/26/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5584, p29
Reports on the upgrading of the electronic surveillance of the two battery that powers Ford Motor Co.'s Ecostar. Increasing of the van's battery monitoring function by 50 percent; Two fire incidents in 1994.
- Comfort is the key to Ford's new Louisville. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;6/26/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5611, p18
Features the Ford Louisville tractor series. Dimensions; Transmissions; Engines; Fuel tanks; Wheelbase. INSET: Mayflower unit to build cabs in Ohio, by William R. Diem..
- Mondeo moves toward Taurus. Lehmann, Hans // Automotive News;1/15/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5641, p2
Presents a photograph of the Ford Mondeo, slated to be launched in Europe in late 1996. Styling cues; Features of the notchback version.