New Product Development & the 'Net
- Maturity and its impact on new product development project performance. Dooley, Kevin; Subra, Anand; Anderson, John // Research in Engineering Design;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p23
The Software Engineering Institute's Capability Maturity Model (CMM) has popularized the concept of process maturity. Software organizations use the CMM to assess their current capabilities and plan for further improvements. The purpose of this paper is to generalize the concept of maturity...
- Never a better time to help design reach board level. Relph-Knight, Lynda // Design Week;8/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on global manufacturers recognition of the strength of British designs. Role of good design in shaping the future of products and services; Ways in encouraging the design industry to place design at the heart of business.
- IPTV: NEXT-GENERATION NETWORK TECHNOLOGIES AND PROTOCOLS. López Sarmiento, Danilo Alfonso; Villanueva Ocampo, Bayron Fabio; Rivas Trujillo, Edwin // Tecciencia;Jan-Jun2013, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p51
Television has been one of the most important media used by man since its inception. It is, therefore, essential nowadays to find a method to optimize the transmission process and interaction with the end user. The widely used conventional transmission system is inefficient in many respects,...
- Designing Outside the Box. Jancsurak, Joe // Appliance Manufacturer;May2002, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p19
Introduces a series of articles about the winning entries at the 2002 Excellence in Design competition established by 'AM' periodical.
- Solving the Manager's Dilemma. Neill, William R.; Wilk, Connie Vodak // Computer-Aided Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p44
Deals with the implementation of integrated supply chain product development. Problems in the implementation; Reasons for a different approach in its implementation compared to that used in a single organization; Concerns of suppliers.
- It's Those Laurels. Kalnoskas, Aimee // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p8
Presents the author's reflections on product innovation. Author's receipt of a letter from her father reminding her not to rest on her laurels; Product design; Product development.
- BUZZ HEARD ON THE STREET. // Design News;9/8/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 13, p26
Presents updates on product design and industrial design as of September 8, 2003. Forecast on the growth of chips carrying voice-over-Internet protocol technology; Information on the Buyalternatives remarketing program of Agilent; Plans of Heidenhain Corp. for a new line of products featuring...
- USING THE INTERNET IN NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT. Ozer, Muammer // Research Technology Management;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p10
Discusses the role of the Internet in the different stages of the new product development (NPD) process. Significance of research to NPD; Benefits of the use of the Internet in the identification of suppliers for the NPD; Information on the growth of online trade auctions.
- Ugly Americans, Again? Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Feb99, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p5
Reports that movies, television, music and products and ideas from the United States (US) launched through the Internet are singled out for scorn. Laws passed by France and Canada on US products; Comments from `Observations,' a corporate newsletter written by New York PR Counselor John Budd.