- Lighten Up: Ford's Move to Aluminum & Magnesium. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Jun99, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p48
Discusses the shift of automobile maker Ford to using lighter materials, like aluminum and magnesium, for its vehicles. Suppliers of aluminum parts; Information on the aluminum parts of the 2000 Lincoln LS; Problems in applications and cost of using magnesium in cars; Advantage of using...
- Titanium takes to the road. Kuster, Kurt A. // American Machinist;Oct2000, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p84
No abstract available.
- Advanced ceramics. Gottschalk, Mark A. // Design News;12/5/94, Vol. 50 Issue 23, p54
Reports on the application of ceramic material in the automobile industry. Ceramic composites; Water-pump seals; Traditional vermiculite-based insulation.
- Cars using more plastics? White, Liz // Urethanes Technology;Apr/May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on issues about the use of plastics in the automotive industry. Views of automobile materials specifiers on plastic; Influence of plastic on automobile design.
- In conversation withâ€¦. // Automotive Logistics;Jul/Aug2008, p34
An interview with North America International Automotive Components (IAC) logistics manager Craig Russell is presented. When asked about his role as logistics manager, Russell replies that he is in-charge of all the inbound logistics for IAC's 40 facilities in North America. He notes that...
- Laser Soldering and Laser Droplet Joining for Mechanical and Electrical Contacting of LTCC/PZT Laminates. Albert, Florian; Pfeiffer, Carolin; Schmidt, Michael; Geiger, Manfred; Flössel, Markus; Michaelis, Alexander // Journal of Laser Micro / Nanoengineering;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p75
Present research in the field of active noise reduction for automotive components deals with piezoelectric laminates embedded into parts like aluminium gear boxes, car bodies or clutch housings fabricated by die casting or forced-locked insertion. Under closed loop operation, these parts are...
- CD-ROM Covers UV Use for Auto Industry. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jul2001, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on a free CD-ROM from RadTech International North America which contains technical, market and application information on the uses of ultraviolet (UV) curing for the automotive industry. Number of presentations and video demonstrations in the CD-ROM; Inclusion of RadTech UV automotive...
- innovations. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p68
The article offers information on automobile manufacturing equipment and parts including the FOBA M1000 manual laser workstation, Jenoptik-Votan BIM robotic laser machine and Digital linear ball bearing (LBB) system from Measurement Specialties.
- ON ALUMINUM. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 122 Issue 4, p20
The article assesses the application, potential, and challenges to the implementation of aluminum in automobiles. Phillip Martens, chief operating officer of aluminum company Novelis Inc., stresses that government regulations, both local and international, play a significant role in vehicle...