B2B Options & Opportunities
- 1997 Automotive Aftermarket Intenet directory. // Automotive Marketing;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p85
Provides a list of companies in the automotive aftermarket that have internet and e-mail addresses, along with their phone and fax numbers.
- New Modal Logistics. Parker, John // Traffic World;6/12/2000, Vol. 262 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the need for the automobile industry and parts suppliers to be retooled for the Internet age. Competitive challenges posed by the Internet; Increase in the number of customers who are turning to the Internet as a sales channel.
- Dealers fret about Internet. Child, Charles // Automotive News;2/10/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5699, p24
Reports that Buick dealers want to keep the wholesale prices of cars off the Internet. Example of some of the disadvantages of Internet marketing; Comments from Conrad Darby of Darby Buick of Sarasota, Florida.
- Web site offers new spin for both dealers, consumers. Harris, Donna Lawrence // Automotive News;7/14/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5722, p18
Describes US Wheels, a Web site established June 18, 1997, as a multiple-dealer site. features including payment calculation; Consumer browsing of dealer on-line inventory; Compatibility with dealer computer systems; Plans for expansion of system.
- Not so super highway. Geist, Laura Clark // Automotive News;7/20/1998, Vol. 72 Issue 5776, p4I
Focuses on the use of the Internet in the automobile industry, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of the Internet. What prompted automobile dealers to use the Internet; Benefits of using the Internet to automobile dealers; Comments from Ira Mally, parts director of Habberstad Nissan...
- ASSEMBLING AN E-MARKET. Fisher, Dennis // eWeek;09/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p39
Focuses on major automakers' collaboration on an Internet trading exchange. Public announcements by some of the automakers; Emphasis on areas most important to their competitive advantage; Features of the Covisint Internet trading exchange.
- Caught in the Web. Keller, Maryann // Automotive Industries;Mar2001, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p37
Deals with car retailing through the Internet. Benefits provided by the Internet to car buyers; Techniques that could increase the gains of automobile companies; Factors that influence the failure of Internet car businesses.
- Web auto marketing keeps rising. // Automotive News;4/22/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5980, p3
Reports on the increase of Internet marketing expenditure by automobile companies in the U.S. Amount spent by major automobile makers in Internet marketing; Content of the book '2002 Automotive News Market Data Book'; Percentage of the rise of Internet spending by Hyundai Motor Co. and...
- Chevrolet leads in Web visits. Geist, Laura Clark // Automotive News;4/22/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5980, p20
Reports on the number of users visiting Web sites of automobile manufacturers. Figures of the number of browsers at the Chevrolet site; Basis of the NetRatings Inc.; Function of Autometrics Ltd.