2001: an Italian odyssey
- Three-store independent turns its back on furniture. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2011, Issue 5737, p5
The article reports that the family-owned independent stores The Sofa Market and Wrays Furnishers have been relaunched as The Traders Outlet in Manchester, England.
- Sonoran Designs: Furniture store welds family's skills, creativity. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;09/20/99, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p6
Features Sonoran Designs, a Tucson, Arizona-based furniture company owned by Michael Acedo and his family. Brief history of how the business was started; Designs and materials used in the furnitures; Business philosophy; Management style.
- Darvin's forte: Beating down prices, odds. George, Melissa // Crain's Chicago Business;03/22/99, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the success of the family-owned Darvin Furniture outlet in Orland Park, Illinois. Competition for the outlet; Growth strategy mapped out by the retailer to the year 2000; Description of the store's interiors; Changes seen in the store over the years; Factors behind the retailer's...
- Family-owned stores lead the pack. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;6/25/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p26
Highlights the results of the 'Beyond the Top 100,' report of the periodical 'Furniture/Today.' Key players in the United States furniture industry; Positive performance of family-owned stores; Category specialists included in the list.
- Lancashire business owner 'incredibly sad' to leave furniture trade. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2011, Issue 5746, p5
The article reports on the decision of Ian Nuttall, owner of In Furniture, to leave his business and sell it to his son due to the cheap imports that are impregnating the market in Great Britain.
- Keep it in the family (but only if it pays to). Roy-Chowdhury // Cabinet Maker;10/29/99, Issue 5161, p8
Comments on strategies for planning the succession of a family owned business in the furniture industry. Types of succession problems to anticipate; Recognition of management differences adopted by the succeeding generation of owners. INSETS: Tax issues.;Decide on a company philosophy..
- Romotherapy. Pridham, Elspeth // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p18
Features Romo, a family-owned furnishing and upholstery fabrics business in Great Britain that will celebrate its centenary in 2002. Romo and Villa Nova brands.; Major customers; Number of employees; Growth strategy.
- Second store for Furniture World. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p4
Reports the opening of a store branch by Furniture World, a family-owned business in England.
- Silentnight to return to family fold. // Cabinet Maker;9/19/2003, Issue 5356, p4
Announces that bed, upholstery and cabinet group Silentnight Holdings will return to the ownership of the founding Clarke family after its Â£72.2 million offer was recommended.