Excitement or extinction-you choose
- David falls for a smashing joke. // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2001, Issue 5244, p29
Reports the widescreen television delivered to Furniture Village director David Imrie for winning the Big Shots furniture competition in Great Britain.
- Fernback takes Kingsway back into the fold. // Cabinet Maker;09/01/2000, Issue 5203, p1
Reports on British retail chain Kingsway owner Alan Fernback's entrusting of the future of the company to Landmark managing director Karl Briant.
- Kingsway goes home. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;09/01/2000, Issue 5203, p7
Focuses on the ownership of British furniture company Kingsway by Alan Fernback and management of the company by Landmark's Karl Briant.
- Retailers must stimulate the public-Imrie. // Cabinet Maker;01/12/2001, Issue 5220, p4
Presents the views of David Imrie of Furniture Village on the factors hampering the growth of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Call on retailers to create techniques that will attract customers; Advice on how to improve profitability; Pricing strategy; Provision of quality products.
- TURNING A NEW PAGE. Imrie, David // Cabinet Maker;1/30/2009, Issue 5622, p11
The article discusses the factors why David Imrie's importation and designing of furniture from China brought him back to the furniture trade in Great Britain. He explains that he saw the potential in utilising the low manufacturing costs in the country. Thus, he developed the company...
- Creativity lifts occasional. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p28
Discusses the factors considered by furniture manufacturers in creating designs. Impact of furniture style on sales; Popularity of simplified looks; Increase in the demand for function and storage capacity.
- Show time. Manuelli, Sara // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p22
Examines the designs of several furniture pieces in Great Britain in 2003. Key features of the furniture designs; Design credits; Implications on industrial design.
- Czech Furniture--Quality, Safety, and Design. Brunecky, Petr // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p36
Focuses on the furniture industry of Czech Republic. Information on laboratory testing of furniture; Discussion on the possible impact of the expected accession of the country to the European Union; Issues on safety and ecology; Considerations in furniture design.
- Case goods mfrs. get creative. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p8
Reports the creativity of furniture manufacturers in the United States. Focus on increased flexibility in bedrooms and dining rooms; Interest in leather materials; Development of color finishes.