your questions answered
- Winner takes all. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p1
Comments on the main strategy of retailers in Great Britain in attracting customers. Increased customer care; Sophisticated presentations of product; Concentration on core product areas; Government and mass media's allegations that consumers are being conned; Forecast on the future of furniture...
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;04/20/2001, Issue 5234, p5
Answers queries on customer-related issues and problems for furniture retailers.
- Furniture chain starts growth push in Akron. Gomez, Henry // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p11
A furniture retailer in suburban Youngstown, Ohio will use the Akron, Ohio market for growth while its management team scouts additional Midwest and East Coast locations. England Custom Furniture Direct debuted last week in Boardman, Ohio and by February, 2004 plans to open three more Ohio...
- Taking too long to say 'hi' could cost retailers a sale. // Furniture/Today;2/27/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p21
The article focuses on the importance of the time it takes before a furniture retailer greets a customer. INSET: How long before you were greeted?.
- Shopping frustrations hit close to home. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;07/24/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p44
Relates a personal story about how the United States furniture retail industry can be frustrating at times. Experience of author's mother in ordering a name-brand sofa from an independent retailer; Failure of two entities close to the sale.
- Five stores are visited every month to check service. This month we look at: Eastbourne. // Cabinet Maker;12/8/2006, Issue 5517, p42
The article provides information on the services of furniture firms based in Eastbourne in East Sussex, England. Furniture retailers in Eastbourne are situated close to the main roads that condense the town. According to the author, Multiyork is the best store in the place and that customer...
- Defining the issues. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;1/16/2017, Vol. 41 Issue 20, p20
The article discusses the important issues that may affect the furniture retail industry in 2017, and mentions topics including the evolution of retailers' lending options, the competitive no-credit-required market, and improved customer experience.
- One retailer who got it right. // Furniture/Today;7/10/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p2
The author applauds one furniture infomercial he has watched while he was on vacation. The furniture retailer on the infomercial described the retail experience that any customer would have upon entering the store. He started introducing the store's lowest-price arena to the area where...
- Money talks but whose? Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;6/9/2006, Issue 5491, p12
The article focuses on the issue of sales satisfaction to customers as means of making profit by furniture retailers in Great Britain. The author inferred that retailers, having poor service, could frustrate a customer which could also lead to huge loss in profit. Thus, he said, it is necessary...