Retailers must stimulate the public-Imrie
- Space craft. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p21
The article reports on the latest development revealed by Furniture Village in an FV2 format, a more contemporary mix of products in more floorspace in Southampton, England. According to David Imrie, buying and merchandising director, they can make more money by putting in different products...
- Surprise turnaround to summer sale slump. // Cabinet Maker;9/1/2006, Issue 5503, p4
The article reports that after a summer sales slump, consumers over the recent Bank Holiday have broken records for furniture retailers in Great Britain. According to David Imrie, Furniture Village buying and merchandising director, the holiday period was excellent with a significant lift in...
- Upmarket test for Furniture Village. // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p5
Reports on the plan of Furniture Village to launch an upmarket store format in London, England. Basis of the concept of the new store; Statement of buying and merchandising director David Imrie on the significance of the launch to the company; Product ranges offered at the new store.
- Safe crackers. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p22
The article focuses on the leather upholstery market with reference to brown color. The trend for brown color came after winning over black and cream colors. Steve Jenkins, managing director of Land of Leather believes that brown color seems to be practical and flexible as it adapts to any...
- Don't give up your day job. // Cabinet Maker;02/19/99, Issue 5126, p36
Focuses on David Imrie, a merchandise director for Furniture Village. Customer satisfaction on Imrie's service as bedding sales consultant during the London Bedding Co. aisle.
- Bigger and better. // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2001, Issue 5251, p12
Focuses on the expansion plan of Furniture Village in Great Britain. Strategy of David Imrie and Peter Harrison; Products of Furniture Village; Installment of radii software system.
- LFC gets a purely contemporary revamp. // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p4
Reports on Furniture Village's decision to relaunch its London Furniture Co. in England. Features of the London furniture store; Products that will be sold at the outlet; Scheduled opening of the furniture store.
- Second FV2 for Furniture Village. // Cabinet Maker;4/21/2006, Issue 5484, p3
The article reports on the plan of Furniture Village to launch its second FV2 concession in Tunbridge Wells, England. The plan is part of the company's strategy to stretch the price architecture of the whole chain. David Imrie, company buying and merchandise director, asserted that the new...
- David falls for a smashing joke. // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2001, Issue 5244, p29
Reports the widescreen television delivered to Furniture Village director David Imrie for winning the Big Shots furniture competition in Great Britain.