- TV adverts fail to sell the job. // Personnel Today;2/18/2003, p52
Focuses on the failure of television advertisers in attracting new staffs for recruitment. Suggestions provided by the author for improvement of advertisements.
- Career days, mentoring state case for sales. Daniels, Eugenia C. // Advertising Age;2/21/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 8, pS12
Reports on how cable industry executives are visiting colleges in the United States to recruit minorities and women. Growth in advertising revenue leading to the need for additional talent; Recruitment program of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau.
- rep report. // SHOOT;11/17/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 46, p42
Reports developments related to commercial representation business in the United States as of November 2000. Decision of Lauri Aloi to join Hungry Man company as staff representative; Appointment of Rachel Klein as head of sales for Curious Pictures; Representation of Valerie Gobos of Gobos...
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/6/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 40, p10
Presents an update on television (TV) broadcasting in the U.S. as of October 2003. Recruitment of Diann Burns, former WLS-TV Chicago, Illinois co-anchor, at WBBM-TV; Reality franchises of CBS that have been given fifth-year renewals; Agreement between CBS and A&E regarding television...
- Alternative Advertising Formats for Cable Television. Keown, Charles F.; Freunschuh, Leslie // Current Issues & Research in Advertising;1985, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p175
In a factorial experiment using two lengths of time (2Â½ and 4 minutes) and two types of format (segmentedâ€”individual story line for each product, and nonsegmentedâ€”single story line for all products), student subjects were shown cable television commercials featuring five...
- The kids krunch. // MediaWeek;7/5/93, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p17
Reports on developments in the childrens' market of network television, cable, spot television and print. Marketplace's ways in correcting anomalies arising from rising demand for television time and dwindling ratings. CPM increase of up to 40 percent for commercial time.
- Upfront may get busier this week. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;7/5/93, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p22
Reports on advertising activities for cable television networks on the second week of July, 1993. Advertising agencies opting to wait after the holiday weekend to sit down and negotiate with the networks; Comments from an exucutive from USA Networks; Baseball as the area of concentration for...
- TV ad contest adds 2 `firsts.' // Automotive News;8/25/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5728, p2
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising is making two changes in its 1998 automotive TV commercial competition. The name as MAX awards; The cash awards for best-of-show winners.
- Cable's upfront ad sales increasing. // Electronic Media;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p10
Presents statistics on advertising sales in cable television as of April 3, 2000.