- AVIANO'S RENAISSANCE. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Nov2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p24
Features the Aviano 2000 military base of the United States Air Force in Italy. Details on the construction of the military base; Origin of the construction project; Information on the contingency and housing upgrades of the project; Benefits of the project.
- The Sands of Time. Hayward, George // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the personnel assigned at the Ahmed Al Jaber Air Base in Kuwait. Reasons for the one-year remote assignments; Comments from Colonel Paul Shafer, Commander of Al Jaber's 332nd Air Expeditionary Group; Significance of keeping a positive attitude on the job.
- Terrorism Makes Base Protection Critical. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/18/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 25, p196
Highlights how terrorism in many parts of the world has made military base protection critical to the United States Air Force. Danger of terrorism to U.S. citizens overseas; Tactical defense of the perimeters of U.S. bases; Technologies used to protect air bases.
- Small Island Has a BIG ROLE. Cacas, Max // Signal;Oct2011, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p33
The article features the island of Guam, an unincorporated territory of the U.S. in the Pacific that provides the U.S. military a forward base in Eastern Asia and Western Pacific regions. Both the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and the U.S. Navy (USN) have bases on the island that are part of the Joint...
- Good neighbor policy. Lavitt, Michael O. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/29/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the agreement between the United States Air Force (USAF) and a Tokyo court prohibiting the flight of USAF aircrafts in and out of Yokata AB between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Petition of residents; Limits on night flights.
- Base housing upgrades set. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);8/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 17, pA1
Reports on housing upgrades at the Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Washington. Projections on the net number of homes at Fairchild; U.S. Air Force's consideration of having a private builder to develop and remodel homes; Total worth of the project.
- Major active-duty air force bases. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p36
Identifies the major active-duty Air Force bases (AFB) across the United States. Includes McChord AFB in Washington; Hill AFB in Utah; Arnold AFB in Tennessee; Whiteman AFB in Missouri; Barksdale AFB in Louisiana.
- Major Air Force bases overseas. // Airman;Jan1999, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
Identifies the location of the major United States Air Force bases (AFB) overseas. Includes the Howard AFB in Panama; Incirlik Air Base (AB) in Turkey; Kadena AB in Japan; Andersen AFB in Guam.
- The `Blast' in Belgrade. Barela, Tim // Airman;Sep99, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the 31st Air Expedition Wing of the United States Air Force and on its munition storage area at Aviano Air Base, Italy. Involvement on the 78 days of intense bombing from March 24 to June 9, 1999 against Yugoslavia; Challenges they faced during the bombings; Types of bombs built by...