Virginia Road Proposal Could Lead To $300 Million in Tax-Exempt Debt
- Inhofe Prods House GOP to Act on Highway Bill. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34387, p1
Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., asks the House to move quickly on multiyear transportation bill to avoid disruptions this fall.
- New Mexico waits for highway bond package to take shape. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30326, p3
Anticipates New Mexico lawmakers' approval of a bond-financed highway construction in February 1998. Bond sales in New mexico; Doubt on the expansion of the proposal in 1998; Pledge for a federal highway fund.
- Garvees to aid Mississippi roads in sale full of firsts. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/17/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30664, p28
Reports on Mississippi's plan to issue Garvee bonds to help finance a road-building program. Details of the proposed municipal bond issue; Security; Sale type; Date of sale; Ratings.
- In era of tight budgets, Congress, DOT struggle to balance NHS, demo projects. James, Robert P. // Traffic World;3/7/94, Vol. 237 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the funding problems faced by the Department of Transportation regarding highway demonstration projects which are part of the federal government's National Highway System initiative. Funding cuts initiated by the department in order to balance the budget for the projects under the...
- More money! Hamilton, Vivian // Alaska Business Monthly;May99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on Alaska's share in the federal transportation budget under the Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century. Increase in road construction money; Expansion of road construction and repair projects; Problems faced by the state Department of Transportation and Public Facilities.
- California GOP: Roads, not bonds. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p1
Focuses on proposals by California's Republican lawmakers for a pay-as-you-go road building and repair program. Cost of the transportation program; Financing for the project; Use of state gas tax for the project.
- ISTEA worries highway group. Cho, Aileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/24/97, Vol. 239 Issue 21, p15
Reports on the effects of the reauthorization of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) particularly with regard to funding of road projects. Uncertainty level at the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials' annual meeting in November 1997;...
- New Group Hopes to Speed up Corridor H Timeline. Kasey, Pam // State Journal (WV);6/10/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p13
The article reports on the goal of Corridor H Authority, a consortium of businesses, which aims to promote the completion of the highway in West Virginia.
- Road bond questions persist among Kyle council. SEVILLA, ANDY // Free Press (Buda, TX);2/13/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 46, p1A
The article reports that citizens of Kyle, Texas wanted to know the specifics of the road bond worth $36 million that was presented by the city council for a vote.