Gov. Davis Makes Appointments to Calif.'s College Facilities Authority
- And the winner is . . . // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/10/2003, Issue 323150, p6
Comments on the outcome of the 2003 gubernatorial race in California. Loss of incumbent governor Gray Davis to actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- A California governor who sees in shades of gray. Van Slambrouck, Paul // Christian Science Monitor;5/21/99, Vol. 91 Issue 123, p2
Focuses on the politics of California's Governor Gray Davis as of May 21, 1999. Brief history of California's change from 16 years of Republican rule to Democrat rule with Davis; His attempt to repair relations between California and Mexico with the meeting of Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo...
- Trujillo Named Head of Calif. Education Agency. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p7
Announces the appointment of Dennis Trujillo as executive director of the California Educational Facilities Authority, replacing the authority's interim director, Terrence Partington. Career history of Trujillo as deputy director of external affairs for the California Department of Transportation.
- More California Conflict. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p1
California Democrats and Republicans seized on the results of June 11, 2003's 11 billion dollar revenue anticipation warrant sale to advance opposing views about whether tax hikes are needed to close the state's massive budget shortfall. Not surprisingly, a poll shows Californians are frustrated...
- In Support of Arnold. Doti, James L. // Orange County Business Journal;2/20/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p55
The article evaluates the performance of Arnold Schwarzenegger as a governor in California. It compares the state's situation during Schwarzenegger's administration and the administration of former Governor Gray Davis, in terms of structural deficit, workers' compensation programs, sales tax...
- New California Laws Restrict Consumer Arbitration. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Nov2002-Jan2003, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p6
This article offers news briefs regarding arbitration-related bills. Gray Davis, California Governor, signed five controversial arbitration-related bills, vetoing Assembly Bill 1538 and A.B. 3029. Davis stated that the latter bill was vetoed because it casts too wide a net and could have the...
- Arnold's powerful victory was California's cry for change. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/20/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p11
Comments on the victory of Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor of California during the October 2003 recall election. Political implications of Schwarzenegger's victory; Criticism on the policy decisions of California Governor Gray Davis; Expectations on the California economy under the...
- Calif. Controller To Disburse Funds Governor Impounded. Schmidt, Peter // Education Week;9/5/1990, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p30
The article announces that Governor George Deukmejian would begin sending school districts funds he had impounded from the education budget in California. State Controller Gray Davis would pay the public schools the full amount they had been slated to receive. Davis urged that Deukmejian's...
- For California and for Conservatives, Populism Has Its Ups and Downs. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/22/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p23
Focuses on the controversy over the recall election for California Governor Gray Davis. Concern over the candidacy of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger; Citation of the need for political reform in the state; Impact of the recall on national politics.