Saving Everglades, Environment Are Top Priorities in Gov. Bush's Budget
- Jeb Bush: Light-Rail and Class-Size Amendments No Good For Florida. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p32
Reports on the plans of Florida Governor Jeb Bush to propose for the repeal of two constitutional amendments that would require the state to issue bonds towards reducing school class sizes and to build a high-speed rail system. Appointment of lieutenant governor of the Sunshine State by Bush;...
- Jeb Bush. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Educational background; Details on his career in politics; Achievements of Bush during his term as governor.
- A Third Bush in the White House? Morella, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/2/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
A quiz about former Florida governor John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is presented.
- Jeb Bush Picks Goldman, Salomon for Everglades Program. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p3
Reports that Florida governor Jeb Bush and his cabinet selected the finance team for the multi-million dollar Everglades Restoration Bonds program as of February 2003. Companies that will perform underwriting duties; Bond counsel for the program; Details of the program.
- Sunshine State Spending. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p1
Reports on the plan of some legislators in Florida to provide new bonding authority to private schools and professional and amateur sports entities, and to develop high-speed rail. Proposal of Governor Jeb Bush to cut spending and the size of state government; Supply of tax revenues.
- Sugar Plum. Grunwald, Michael // New Republic;5/12/2003, Vol. 228 Issue 18, p15
Focuses on a controversy surrounding the sugar industry in the United States. Big Sugar, like Big Oil or Big Tobacco, has become a stock symbol of corporate greed and backroom politics, while the Florida Everglades, once generally reviled as a pestilential swamp, has become a beloved symbol of...
- Florida Governor Wants to Take Rail Repeal to Voters. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p44
Focuses on the support of Florida governor Jeb Bush to repeal a high-speed rail project. Repeal of the referendum on the general election ballot; Construction of the first train route between Tampa and Orlando; Impact of the high-speed rail to the state's bond rating.
- Jeb Bush calls for bonds. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30571, p1
Reports that Florida Governor Jeb Bush's $46.8 million budget proposal is calling for about $1.13 billion of state bonding for fiscal year 1999-2000. Priorities for education, environmental protection and growth management; Infrastructure projects.
- A Fight for the Everglades. // Junior Scholastic;11/10/2003, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on the possible impact of a law signed by Florida governor Jeb Bush on the ecology of Everglades National Park in Florida.