ACA to Seek Capital Infusion to Stave Off Standard & Poor's Downgrade, CEO Says
- ACA Financial Guaranty Receives Investors' $45 Million in New Capital. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p6
Reports the acquisition of additional capital for the ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in New York. Presentation of the capital sources; Sufficiency of capital in supporting the five-year business plan; Target profitability of the company under revised operating strategies.
- Satz Steps Up at ACA Named CEO; Fraser Will Remain Chairman. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;08/03/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30946, p1
Reports the appointment of Michael Satz as chief executive officer (CEO) of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in New York, New York. Career background of Satz; Reasons of Satz for accepting the position; Responsibilities of Satz as CEO.
- Dancing with faceless men. James, David // BRW;May2003, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p52
Discusses the importance of maintaining investor confidence in extending the tenure of chief executive officers (CEO) in Australia. Effect of the capitalization of the stockmarket; Difference between a company's financial performance and the management of investor perception; Relationship...
- Satz to Resign ACA Posts; Capital Needs Keep IPO on Table. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p3
Reports on the plans of Michael Satz to resign as the deputy chairman and chief executive officer of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. in the United States. Resignation of chief operating officer Maryann Muessel; Effect of the executive changes on the firm's plan for an initial public offering;...
- Bank One chief hopes investors will be patient. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p1
Reports the expectations of Bank One Corp. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon on bank investors in New Orleans, Louisiana. Details regarding the attitudes of investors; Comparison between local and regional market of Bank One in Texas; Impact of local ownership on the bank; Account of Bank One...
- Overpaid CEOs, poison pills blasted. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;10/18/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p39
Reports on the 1999 meeting of the Council of Institutional Investors. Crystalreport.com Graef Crystal's list of chief executive officers who have not earned their salaries and stock options; Focus on developments related to the investment management industry.
- IDD OutTakes. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 47, p4
Reports on developments related to investment dealers in the U.S. as of December 8, 2003. Resignation of Richard Strong as chief executive of Strong Financial; Reimbursement of Merrill Lynch to clients; Hiring of Scott Nedrow as managing director at Ryan Beck.
- CEO performance ranks as major concern of investors around the world. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/2/2001-7/16/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the result of the Russel Reynolds Associates' annual survey of institutional investors. Identification of a company's financial performance as most important factors influencing investment decisions; Focus on chief executive officer turnover, succession and severance packages;...
- Focus is key for entrepreneurs. Lopez, Daniel // New Media Age;7/11/2002, p9
Examines the characteristics that a chief executive officer (CEO) must possess in order to be successful. Traits that venture capitalists are looking for in a CEO; Significance of the virtue of vision; Consequences of the absence of focus.