Maine Legislators Knock Governor's $41 Million Transportation Package
- Governor signs standards bill in Maine after weeks of debate. Archer, Jeff // Education Week;4/17/96, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p12
Reports on Maine Governor Angus S. King Jr.'s approval of an educational-standards bill on April 1996. Provisions of the bill; Number of votes gained; Disagreement on funding for training educators.
- The Maine event. // Advocate;05/13/97, Issue 733, p20
States that Maine Governor Angus King has said that he will allow a bill banning same-sex marriages to become law. Approval of the measure by the state legislature; Citing the opposition of Concerned Maine Families to same-sex marriages.
- Maine pulls the plug on Sears Island plan. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/11/96, Vol. 236 Issue 10, p22
Reports on Maine Governor Angus S. King Jr.'s decision to stop plans to build the state's third deepwater port in Sears Island. Worry over costs of project; Environmental Protection Agency officials' claim that port made no economic sense.
- Indiana legislature contemplates bill merging six state bonding agencies. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on the legislation in Indiana's Senate which would consolidate six state bonding authorities into the Indiana Finance Authority. Features of the bill; Total worth of outstanding bond debt by the state; List of Indiana state agencies' bond sales from 1980-1998.
- Municipal bond and state local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p6
Reports on updates regarding municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in various states in the United States. Includes electricity restructuring in Colorado; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities in Alaska; Securities litigation reform in Texas.
- Washington Governor Signs New Public Funds Bill Into Law. // Credit Union Times;3/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the industry-sponsored bill inked by Washington State Governor Chris Gregoire unveiling municipal bond deposits of local and state agencies to 70 Washington Credit Unions in 2010.
- Bond bill looks doomed. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the introduction in the state Legislature of a bill that would force New York City to market the bulk of its bonds through competitive bidding. Sponsorship by Queens Assemblyman Alan G. Hevesi; Opposition by the Republican-controlled Senate.
- Steel Mill Bonds Backed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/2/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33887, p7
The article reports that Arkansas legislative leaders said they support a bill authorizing 125 million dollars of state general obligation bonds to subsidize a steel mill project.
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p4
Presents an update of legislative action on municipal bonds in the United States as of October 27, 1997. Congressional approval to establish empowerment zones with liberalized rules; Legislation raising the per-state private-activity bond volume cap per resident per year.