Shaheen Declares Education N.H.'s 'Most Important Issue'
- Economic development plan targets business, education. Feingold, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;04/20/2001-05/03/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p15
Focuses on the economic development plan of New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen for 2001. Increase in spending on international trade and tourism promotion; Institution of a permanent funding for land and heritage conservation; Enactment of a long-term school-funding solution.
- Senate kindergarten plan resembles an old DOS program. Jean, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;05/23/97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p8
Opinion. Comments on the New Hampshire Senate kindergarten plan. Comment by New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen on the significant information concerning budget for the kindergarten plan; Reasons for failing to implement previous kindergarten by Senate Republicans; Shaheen's credibility with...
- Deep waters still run. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/24/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p8
Comments on the plans of New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen to run for the U.S. Senate in 2002.
- Jeanne Shaheen. Pritchard, Joshua // Our States: New Hampshire;2016, p6
A biography of New Hampshire's junior United States senator Jeanne Shaheen is presented. Born January 28, 1947 in Saint Charles, Missouri, Shaheen earned a degree in English at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania before attending the University of Mississippi where she received a master's...
- The Consummate Politician. Maiona, Justin G. // National Review;9/1/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 16, p24
The article presents the author's opinion on the political performance of New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen. She is perceived doing to the Republican Party in New Hampshire what President Bill Clinton is doing to the Republican leadership in Washington D.C. The state is the most conservative...
- Employers honored for hiring vets. // New Hampshire Business Review;01/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the recognition of employers in New Hampshire for their 'Hire a Veteran Month' project. Honorees in different areas; Announcement of the winners by Governor Jeanne Shaheen.
- The stress levels are rising as school-funding reality sets in. Jacobson, Alf // New Hampshire Business Review;08/27/99, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p11
Focuses on the alleged school funding solution to the Claremont II issue which has been promoted by New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen. Information on Claremont II funding solution issues; Its political implication; Shaheen's solutions to the education funding; Conditions that Shaheen...
- Shaheen to Lead N.H. Firms on India Trade Mission. // India -- West;7/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 35, pA27
The article reports on the plan of New Hampshire Senator Jeanne Shaheen to lead a delgation of companies to a trade mission in India in September 2011.
- Shaheen focuses on reforming loans. Smith, Abby // Hill;7/22/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 83, p16
The article reports on the efforts of Senator Jeanne Shaheen to reform laws related to student loans in the U.S.