Report: Strong But Cooled Texas Economy Means Smaller Surplus
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p31
Reports developments related to the use of municipal bonds for the projects of the government in the U.S. as of March 2002. Proposals of the government in Illinois for the extension of tollway; Plan of the Indiana Department of Education for charter schools; Proposals on the hiking of gasoline...
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30589, p27
Features a news roundup about municipal bonds in the Southwestern States as of March 2, 1999. Includes the increase in tax on gasoline in Arkansas; Upgrade by Standard & Poor's of Colorado Housing and Finance Authority's mortgage bonds; Introduction of bill eliminating the Texas Hospital...
- Washington State Lawmakers Propose $15B Transportation Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/17/2015, p1
Washington state lawmakers' new $15 billion transportation proposal funded with a higher gasolines tax and $4.3 billion of state GO bonds.
- Study: Raise Fed Gas Tax. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/16/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32796, p1
The article reports on a congressionally mandated transportation-funding study that revealed increase on the federal gas tax in the U.S. According to state officials and market participants, boosting the federal gas tax by as much as eight cents a year over five years could generate more...
- States Finding Infrastructure Fixes as Congress Drags Feet. Glasgall, William // Bond Buyer;10/29/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34402, p1
The $3.6 trillion municipal bond market may benefit from the infrastructure moves if states, agencies, and localities choose to borrow against the new revenue to provide immediate infusions of construction cash.
- Municipal Bonds: Opportunity or Wealth Destroyer? BROWN, ZANE E. // Bank Investment Consultant;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p32
The article focuses on the increased local revenues inthe first quarter of 2011 which marks the increase of state and city revenues in the U.S. It states that 75% of the municipal bond market comes from the revenue bonds supported by revenues of specific projects like water and sewer services....
- Washington State Lawmakers Ponder $15 Billion Transportation Plan. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;4/15/2015, p36
The article focuses on a fifteen billion dollar transportation plan unveiled by Washington State political party of Democrats on April 13, 2015. The plan includes projects to be funded by gasoline tax increase and state general obligation bonds. Topics include statistics related to tax...
- Texas Comptroller Lowers Revenue Estimates for Biennium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p3
Reports that Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander lowered revenue estimates for the state's 2002-03 bienniel budget. Reasons for the lowering; Economic conditions in the state.
- Rylander: USAA Suit Could Derail Texas Budget. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p4
Presents views of Texas comptroller Carole Keeton Rylander on lawsuits filed by insurance companies against the state. Imposition of taxes by the state; Law suit filed by USAA Insurance Co.