South Carolina to Sell $327 Million Chunk of Bonds to Help Its Schools
- Candidate for South Carolina treasurer has $1 billion idea for school bonds. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p5
Reports that former South Carolina treasurer Grady Patterson is calling for selling as much as $1 billion of state general obligation bonds to build schools. Contribution of local school districts to the debt service for the bonds; Patterson's proposal coming toward the end of the campaign that...
- Business recruiters hindered by public schools' reputation. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/06/98, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p24
Focuses on the lack of the public school system in New Orleans, Louisiana, to produce enough highly skilled workers. Reference to a report in the issue of `Expansion Management,' magazine; Contents of this report; Comments made by Jackie Ducote, president of Public Affairs Research Council...
- So Much Policy, So Little Time. Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Nov2016, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p7
The article discusses the shortage of skilled worker or qualified employees in New Hampshire in the U.S. which needed to develop strategies to encourage more in-migration and work, ensuring high school and college graduates find work in the region.
- Contractors who expect a shortage of skilled construction... Thornton, Grant // Contractor Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p1
Cites statistics on the contractors who expect a shortage of skilled construction. Tradespeople; Managers.
- Economic forces are squeezing growth potential. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce;Mar1998, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p44
Analyzes the skilled labor shortage in the United States which is affecting the nation's economic growth. Major causes of the labor shortage; Potential economic disasters that may occur; Workforce planning as one of the solutions to the problem. INSETS: Five myths of today's labor...
- Tale of the tape. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/06/98, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p15
Opinion. Discusses the lack of skilled workers in Louisiana, with reference to the debate over the proposed system of community and technical colleges that would match worker skills to job market demand. Views of the education boards and business groups concerning this issue; Comments made by...
- Manufacturing: Where to go for training help? Weiner, George // Material Handling Engineering;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p28
Looks at the shortage of skilled labor in the United States during the 1990s. Important skills needed by factory workers; Options which companies can consider in trying to fill their employee needs; Need for the industry to swing its clout into the ongoing debate about education in the United...
- Skilled workers still hard to find. // American Nurseryman;09/01/96, Vol. 184 Issue 5, p14
Probes on the complaints of small business owners in finding qualified workers. Survey conducted on the issue; Findings of the survey.
- Workers in skilled trades are becoming scarce. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p92
Provides information on a survey in 1998 which shows labor shortages in skilled trades in the United States. Percentage of high school graduates who go on college; Cause of the labor shortage.