Sector Woes in Remission?
- Providers get help in caring. Pollack, Rick // Modern Healthcare;12/22/2003-12/29/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p22
Discusses the effects of the Medicare bill in the U.S. Benefits of the bill for patients; Information on the financial status of hospitals; Significance of the bill to teaching hospitals.
- INSIDE THE BELTWAY. // Modern Healthcare;8/27/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p11
Presents news briefs on the healthcare industry in the United States as of August 27, 2001. Increase in wholesale prices for hospital services in July 2001; Introduction of a bill that would require Medicare to establish an ombudsman program; Number of nursing homes cited for patient abuse.
- Niche facilities hit. Piotrowski, Julie // Modern Healthcare;12/22/2003-12/29/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p28
Discusses the effects of Medicare reform law on the U.S. specialty hospital industry. Views of Michael Lipomi, founder and president of the American Surgical Hospital Association, on the Medicare prescription drug bill; Information on a moratorium for the whole-hospital exemption in the federal...
- High speed technology leading edge in today's healthcare climate. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/19/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p22
The article deals with the adoption of high-speed Internet technology by healthcare providers in the U.S. in line with their Medicare Administrative Contractors (MAC) consolidations and Enterprise Data Center (EDC) migrations. It relates the role of the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003 in the...
- PRESCRIPTION DRUG ACT DETAILS. // Trustee;Feb2004, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p3
Presents information on the launch of the changes to the Medicare program following the signing of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act into federal law in the U.S. Benefits of the legislation; Amount of payment improvements to hospitals provided by the legislation;...
- Medicare: No peace do we find. Stoil, Michael J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar98, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the continued debate over the Medicare legislation by legislatures of the United States. Prediction of Senator Phil Gramm on the healthcare debate; Reexamination on how the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 can addressed Medicare.
- NEW HOSPITAL FUNDING-MAYBE. // Trustee;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p4
Reports the passage of the Medicare Modernization and Prescription Act of 2002 in the U.S. House in September 2002. Funds to be provided by the bill for medical care services; Components of the bill.
- Medicare Madness. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;3/29/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p4
Presents information on issues related to the 2003 U.S. Medicare reform bill. Predictions in the shortage of the Medicare hospital insurance trust fund by 2019; Debates over the cost of the Medicare bill; Call for the U.S. Congress to repeal the law; Possibility of cutting federal aid to hospitals.
- POA coding challenges. Wilson, Linda // Modern Healthcare;6/2/2008 Supplement, Vol. 38, p10
The article discusses the present on admission (POA) challenges facing hospital managers due to the plan of the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to exclude from calculations of payment rates certain preventable conditions. Darrell Campbell of the University of Michigan Health...