New Law Offers Relief to Northwest's Needy Timber Country
- Well-to-Do Vt. Towns Seeking Relief From School Finance Law. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;06/06/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p17
Reports on the Vermont Senate's approval of a plan to give well-to-do school districts more time to adjust to the state's school finance law. Debates over certain provisions of the law; Contributions of wealthy school districts to school funding under the law.
- PINS AND POSTS. // Principal Leadership;Nov2015, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. education sector as of November 2015. Data from the U.S. Cetners for Disease Control and Prevention have revealed improvement in the nutritional profile of meals in the nation's public schools. The Kansas Supreme Court will decide on the right of a...
- N.J. voters nix unfunded state mandates. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;11/15/95, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p21
Reports on New Jersey voters' approval for a state constitutional amendment requiring the state to back up new mandates on school districts and cities with money.
- Crossing-guard liability. // Education Week;2/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the bill passed by the Colorado Senate that would shield school districts and their crossing guards from liability for most traffic-related student injuries.
- Proposals would `unify' state's school districts. Cross, Cheri // Inside Tucson Business;2/24/97, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p1
Reports that committees at Arizona's 43rd Legislature were studying bills that would consolidate the state's school districts. Requirement for reform of school financing methods; Strategy to increase property values; Access of schools to more construction funds.
- BCISD has two key legislative priorities. McBurnett, Keith // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/ 9/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p6A
The author discusses legislative priorities for Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCISD) in Texas.
- Measure to break up Los Angeles district is laid to rest in assembly committee. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;8/4/93, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p31
Reports on the rejection of a bill providing for the break-up of the Los Angeles Unified School District into seven smaller units. Senate President pro tem David A. Roberti; Opposition from Assembly leaders and Los Angeles school officials; Los Angeles Educational Alliance for Restructuring Now...
- Time to Reform the Triborough Amendment. CUMMINGS, LAWRENCE M. // Business Journal (Central New York);3/26/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p20
In this article the author discusses application of the Triborough Amendment reform in school districts in the state of New York.
- The devil in the details. // Policy Review;May/Jun98, Issue 89, p10
Deals with the withrawal of Proposition 223, a statute that would bar school districts from spending more than five percent for administration beginning 1999-2000 school year in California. What caused the suspicion of researcher Royce Van Tassell on the initiative; How teacher unions see the...