Miss. Governor Submits Budget With Shortfall Fix; Rating Agencies Watchful
- Governor wants budget input. // State Government News;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p8
Reveals that Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove has presented budget recommendations to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee. Who controls the budgeting process.
- Mississippi Gov. Promises Veto of Reserve Spending Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p4
Mississippi legislators on March 31, 2003 used much of the state's reserves to build the 3.6 billion dollar budget for fiscal 2004, a move which potentially places pressure on the state's credit rating. Governor Ronnie Musgrove said he would veto the Legislature's budget plan, setting the stage...
- MISSISSIPPI. M. O. // Hill;6/26/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 76, p12
The article reports on the plan of the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) to tie former Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to corruption.
- 2-Year Bachelor's Could Solve Nursing Dilemma. Garmon, John // Community College Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p4
Deals with the plan of Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to prioritize the educational needs of the state's community colleges. Details on the community college years of Musgrove and his wife, Melanie; Political career of Musgrove.
- Mississippi Governor Calls for Special `Prosperity' Session. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p4
Reports on Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove's call for a special legislative session to be held on August 28, 2000, to discuss an economic development plan. Aim of the economic initiative; Musgrove's call for improving basic infrastructure, transportation, and information to support...
- Mississippi: Wicker tops Musgrove in second quarter. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;7/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 83, p18
The article reports on the success of Senator Roger Wicker in outraising his rival Governor Ronnie Musgrove by $200,000, allowing him to keep his seat in Mississippi.
- Parents Tuition Credit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the proposal of Governor Ronnie Musgrove allowing parents of a full-time public/private college students to claim a tax credit for tuition in Mississippi.
- Higher Education Funding Cuts Prompt Public Outcry. Bradley, Gwendolyn // Academe;May/Jun2001, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the reduction in state spending on public higher education for 2001, announced by Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove. Statistics on cuts made over the course of the year; Reduction in spending on public universities in Mississippi.
- ExplorNet Empowers Mississippi Students Through Technology Education. McKinley, Shay K. // T H E Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p10
Presents information on the Governor's Task Force for Classroom Technology formed by Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to build Internet-accessible computers in public schools. Objectives of the task force; Role of the ExplorNet Computer Engineering students in the project; Views of Musgrove...