Minnesota Lawmakers Cool to Ventura's Budget Proposals
- Minnesota Budget Includes Tax Cut, $504 Million Bond Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p32
Reports on Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's unveiling of a 27.3 billion dollar budget for fiscal year 2002-2003. Return of the bulk of a projected three-billion-dollar surplus to taxpayers through various tax relief measures; Details of Ventura's tax reform proposal; Plans for a 504-million...
- Minnesota Gov. Ventura to Release Budget Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p4
Focuses on Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura's plan to overcome the biennial budget deficit of 2002. Support of tax reductions to address budget deficits by Ventura; Belief of Democrats about the need for a tax increase; Expectations of debate on the reductions of funds in certain areas by Ventura.
- Focusing on the Basics. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p1
Reports on a multimillion dollar capital budget unveiled by Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura. General obligation bonding of the budget; Criteria considered by Ventura for the choice of items on the list of projects for the budget; Plans of the state regarding the general obligation deals.
- Ventura Signs Ballpark Plan, Cuts Bond Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31394, p40
Reports on the approval of a financing package for Twins ballpark by Governor Jesse Ventura in Minnesota. Basis of the two-year capital budget; Reduction of budget of capital bonding bill; Sources of annual team payment.
- Minnesota Lawmakers Push to Close $2B Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p4
Discusses cuts suggested by Minnesota lawmakers to governor Jesse Ventura, in an effort to close a budget deficit faced by the state. Appeal of the governor to the state's lawmakers; State reserves that lawmakers and Ventura hope to tap; Level at which the state's reserve will be tapped.
- Minnesota Breakthrough. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p1
Reports that Minnesota legislative leaders and Governor Jesse Ventura have reached a compromise over the biennial budget and a tax overhaul in May 2001. Agreement to increase school aid and provide funding for property tax relief; Ventura's criticism of the failure of the Democratic and...
- Minnesota vote still leaves cash for bond swap uncertain. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p4
Reports on Minnesota House members' rejection of Governor Jesse Ventura's proposal to undo a plan approved in 1998 that earmarks $400 million from the budget surplus to pay cash for building projects in lieu of bonds. Ventura's proposal for a $1 billion sales tax rebate; Partisan debate over a...
- Ventura, Minnesota lawmakers may grapple over budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p26
Reports on Minnesota finance officials' compiling of the year 2000 capital budget. Governor Jesse Ventura's call for a spending cap; Overview on the total amount of the 1998 spending plan; Total amount of requested state assistance received by the Ventura administration; State lawmakers'...
- Slim Pickings for Some. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p1
Reports on Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's unveiling of a lean capital budget that relies on new general obligation debt. Comparison of the 2000 bonding package with the capital budget proposed by former Governor Arne Carlson; Expected growth of the spending plan; Ventura's desire to rein in...