Haverhill, Mass., Seeks to Divest Itself of Troubled Hale Hospital
- PFI in the NHS--is there an economic case? Gaffney, Declan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/10/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7202, p116
Scrutinizes private finance initiative schemes in England. Factors influencing the results of comparison between privately financed schemes and public sector procurement; Several problems with the risk adjustment carried out in the appraisal of private finance initiative schemes; Best indicator...
- Super hospital funds cut. // International Construction;Dec2002, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the reduction of funding for the proposed McGill University hospital in Canada. Revision of the project; Replacement of the downtown hospital; Decline of government budget.
- RISK SUMMARY: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jan2012, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
The article provides information about risk indicators in Dominican Republic including the approval of harsher sentences for criminals, the increases of fiscal revenue by 8.4% year-on-year, and the decline of tourism industry.
- Two-thirds of hospitals given clean bill of health. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;2/28/2003, p8
Reports on the budget allocated for the cleanliness campaign of hospitals in Great Britain. Improvement on the standards of cleanliness; Quality of the meals offered; Rating of food catering.
- Texas County Ponders Big Capital Projects, Hospital Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p3
Reports that Harris County, Texas commissioners were presented with a five-year capital projects which could cost as much as $1.5 billion. Financial problems experienced by the Harris County Hospital District; Road projects under the proposed construction package.
- Tulsa May Provide Aid to Attract New Downtown Hotel. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p32
The article reports that the public financing of an upscale hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma is being considered by the city to help avoid a forecast shortage of hotel rooms when the new bond-financed arena and renovated convention center complex opens for business in the fall of 2008. Hotel occupancy...
- Population Jump Prompts Kansas Hospital Deal. Higgins, Jamie // Bond Buyer;7/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31919, p5
Reports on the city of Olathe, Kansas' decision to sell bonds to expand its local hospital.
- Charity residents on critical list after deep funding cuts. Butler, Elizabeth // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the impact of the decrease of public funds on the services offered by Charity Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. Reduction on the number of operating rooms; Assessment on the quality of care; Retrenchment of various employees.
- Essential Access Community Hospital grants awarded. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter92, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p206
Reports on the awarding of $7.3 million grants to 43 rural hospitals in seven states by the Essential Access Community Hospital (EACH) grant program in fiscal year 1992. Use of the grants to promote networks consisting of EACHs and smaller rural primary care hospitals (RPCHs); States...