TBMA Seeks New Investor Category
- TBMA on proposed G-38 change: Let dealers rely on consultant information. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30293, p5
Reports on statements by The Bond Market Association (TBMA), that if dealers are required to disclose their consultants' contributions to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), that they should be allowed to rely on whatever information the consultants report to them. Reference to a...
- MSRB Not Dropping SMP Concept. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31088, p1
Reports that the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is not planning to abandon its proposal to create a new class of investor called sophisticated market professionals. Regulatory protection when trading online; Addressing institutional investor concerns.
- TBMA Takes Gripes About MSRB Crisis Plan to Key Regulators. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p38
Reports on objections of the Bond Market Association (TBMA) to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's emergency municipal bond market shutdown proposal in the U.S. Concern of TBMA on the impact of municipal market shutdown on economy and banking system; Proposals of the municipal board on...
- TBMA Is Pressing MSRB on Its Transaction Reporting Program. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p1
Reports that The Bond Market Association has sought assurances from regulators that the proposed expansion of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's transaction-reporting program would be shouldered by users rather than the municipal broker-dealer community. Amendment of Rule...
- TBMA opposes 2 MSRB proposed rule changes on syndicates. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p4
Expresses The Bond Market Association's (TBMA) opposition to two of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's proposed rule changes on syndicate practices in the United States. TBMA's claims on the unfairness of the proposals on dealers in the position of policing issuers and other market...
- Muni Dealers Warn Against G-38 Change. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p1
Reports on the strong letter of opposition sent by The Bond Market Association (TBMA) to the Securities and Exchange Commission on a proposed change to the Municipal Securities Ruling Board's (MSRB) Rule G-38. Reason behind the opposition made by the TBMA; Requirements made by the TBMA in the...
- MSRB's New Monthly Transaction Report Will Appear Dec. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/12/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30994, p6
Reports on the plan of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to publish a monthly Comprehensive Transaction Report. Subscription fee for the compact discs; Suggestion of the Bond Market Association.
- MSRB Urged to Revise Odd-Lot Idea. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p1
Reports on the Bond Market Association's call for the revision of the proposed amendment to Rule G-15 on clearance, settlement, and confirmation that would force investors holding bonds in smaller amounts than authorized to sell their entire position. Liquidity and pricing concerns of the...
- MSRB, TBMA to Hold Compliance Seminar in N.Y.C. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/8/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31198, p4
Reports on the plan of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board and the Bond Market Association to hold a compliance seminar in New York City. Online submissions of official statements and dealer in-house continuing education testing.