California IOUs Hope the State Can Help Restore Credit Ratings
- California PUB allows power pool trust. // Modern Power Systems;Nov96, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's (PUB) allowance of San Diego Gas and Electric Co., Pacific Gas and Electric Co., and Southern California Edison to use a trust fund for the startup of an independent grid operator and power pool in the state. Evaluation of how much the...
- PG&E opens Costa Mesa Beachhead, eyes SCE's turf. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;06/09/97, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p5
States that Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) Energy Services has leased 5,500 square feet of office space in Orange County, California's Center Tower, giving Southern California Edison, a direct challenge. Comments from Steve Pazian, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Edison's retail...
- California Delivers an Investment Shock. Mariani, Michele // Governing;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p78
Reports on the move of electric utilities Southern California Edison and Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E) to default payments to their bond investors in 2001. Information on a similar incident that involved PG& E and the state of Tennessee; Risks involved in the investments; Potential impact...
- SEPA Announces Annual Top 10 Utilities Solar Rankings. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;4/17/2013, p2
The article reports on the annual Top 10 American electric utilities solar rankings and the Top 10 Solar Watts Per Customer rankings for 2012, named by the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA). Utilities in Top 10 solar megawatt rankings listed include Pacific Gas and Electric Company of...
- What is resource adequacy? Makler, Alex // Power;Oct2007, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p30
The article presents information on the Resource Adequacy (RA) program of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). The program requires load-serving entities--both independently owned utilities and electric service providers--to demonstrate in both monthly and annual filings that they...
- Rate decisions. // Electrical World;Nov96, Vol. 210 Issue 11, p12
Details Southern California Edison Co.'s pricing options which were approved by the Public Utility Commission. Includes real-time pricing option; Use of an Agricultural Bypass Deferral rate.
- Automated capacitor switching reduces voltage and boosts energy savings. Williams, Bradley; Beaty, Wayne // Electric Light & Power;Jun94, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p20
Reports on Southern California Edison's (SCE) voltage reductions. Use of control algorithm; Distributed processing at smart field devices; Optimal voltage profiles.
- California groups find middle ground. // Electrical World;Sep95, Vol. 209 Issue 9, p8
Reports joint announcement of Southern California Edison Co. and coalition of California interest groups for restructuring the state's electric-utility industry.
- New proposal for deregulation in California. // Modern Power Systems;Oct95, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p11
Reports on a compromise proposal by utility Southern California Edison and other independent power producers and customers for deregulating California's electric utility industry. Submission of memorandum of understanding to the state Public Utilities Commission.