Hoping for a Flush Year
- Miami officials approve $1-billion overhaul. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/20/95, Vol. 234 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the agreement between federal and state regulators to overhaul Miami's wastewater treatment system. Upgrades planned; Details of the final consent decree signed between the Miami-Dade Water and Sewer Dept., Justice Department and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- EPA considering two Cluster Rule options. // Pulp & Paper;Sep96, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) publication of a notice concerning two Cluster Rule options on the treatment of pulp and paper mill wastewater. Failure of EPA to specifically recommend an industry-backed plan to drop oxygen delignification (OD) process; American Forest...
- Vancouver wants help for treatment upgrade. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/14/94, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p26
Discusses Greater Vancouver Regional District's (GVRD) need for financial support in the upgrading of wastewater treatment plants in Fraser River, Annacis Island and Lulu Island in Vancouver. Goal of the project; Design and completion date; Lawsuit filed by Sierra Defense Fund against GVRD;...
- Hog Heaven May Be a Treatment Plant. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/22/99-03/29/99, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p216
Editorial. Presents observations on the farm program announced by United States Vice President Al Gore on March 8, 1999 that would require large farms to draw up sewage treatment plants. Goal of the nutrient management plan; Opinion on the program.
- STAYING ON THE CASE. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Feb2012, p12
The article talks about the services and activities associated in the pretreatment program implemented in Sierra Vista, Arizona which are facilitated by the city's pretreatment coordinator Hector Hagele.
- Grand Rapids to reduce energy costs for sewer system. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/23/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p1
The article reports that the city government of Grand Rapids, Michigan will improve its wastewater system to reduce energy cost for sewer system and will provide additional sanitation method to disinfect drinking water.
- And on tap. Geyer, Anne // Business Mexico;Jul1993, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the contract entered into by the Mexican government and Aguas de Mexico S.A. de C.V. to improve municipal water management. Joint venture of Gutsa and North West Water; Contract details; Improved metering and delivery; Fixed charge for water; Control of leaks; Cleaning of water pipes.
- Water as a salable crop. // Newsweek;12/2/1985, Vol. 106 Issue 23, p52
The wave of the future lies in recently passed House legislation that requires local sponsors of hundreds of reservoir and dam projects to pay part of the cost. But an even more intriguing new water idea teams an unlikely consortium of conservationists and right-wing economists into a school of...
- Water policy is too complex for our part-time council. Woodard, Gary C. // Inside Tucson Business;9/25/95, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p5
Opinion. Comments on developments related to the government's water policy in Tucson, Arizona. Public debate on local water issues; Water Consumer Protection Act initiative; Arguments for and against the initiative.