Changing Industry? On The Bestseller Lists It Was Deja vu All Over Again
- Mysteries Dominating Hardcover Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;2/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p7
The article compares how book publishers fared in the "New York Times" hardcover fiction list as of January 2006. Random House's "The Da Vinci Code" is on top of the list. Penguin Group has W. E. B. Griffin's mystery "The Hostage" as its top title on the list. Time Warner has "Mary, Mary," by...
- The top ten. Lane, Anthony // New Yorker;6/27/94-7/4/94, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p79
Critiques the books in the `New York Times' top ten bestselling fiction as of May 15, 1994 to evaluate the significance of best-selling charts as a culture barometer. `Like Water for Chocolate,' by Laura Esquivel; `Disclosure' by Michael Crichton; `Lovers' by Judith Krantz; `The Alienist,' by...
- Adjustments Allow More Titles To Earn NYT Bestseller Status In Third Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p1
Reports that the decision of 'The New York Times' to separate its children's list from the traditional adult list has allowed more book titles to earn best-seller status in the United States in the third quarter of 2000. Number of hardcovers and paperbacks that appeared on the bestseller list...
- In How-To Bestseller Lists, Prayer Sizzled, The Soup Cooled and The Cheese Finally Moved. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the advice, how-to and miscellaneous bestseller lists of 'The New York Times' newspaper as of January 21, 2002. Top position held by 'The Prayer of Jabez,' by David Kopp, on the hardcover bestseller list; Top position held by 'The Four Agreements,' by Don Miguel Ruiz on the paperback...
- Same Titles Lead Advice Lists. // Book Publishing Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p7
Discusses about the change in bestseller lists as reported by the New York Times.
- Authority of N.Y. Times bestseller list questioned. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;08/28/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 2, p3
Reports that the `New York Times' bestseller list has been discarded by biggest booksellers in the United States. Comments from `New York Times' surveys editor Michael Kagay; Book that is not on the list in the August 2000 issue; Strategy to prevent deep-pocketed authors from buying a place on...
- Amazon.com goes to court seeking right to use New York Times' list. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/21/99-06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the legal battle between online bookseller Amazon.com and `The New York Times' over Amazon's use of the newspaper's bestseller list.
- At Indie Bookstores, Bestseller Lists Go Beyond Crichton And Cornwell. // Book Publishing Report;01/08/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p6
Compares the 2000 bestseller lists from the 'New York Times' newspaper and the American Booksellers Association's Book Sense campaign, which launched its list at the end of 1999. Authors that showed up on both lists; Books that appeared on the Book Sense list in 2000 that were not included in...
- New York Times Bestseller Scorecard. // Book Publishing Report;03/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p4
Presents a chart related to the 'New York Times' Bestseller Scorecard.