Acute Aortic Syndromes and Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Dominant inheritance of intracranial berry aneurysm. Evans, T.W.; Venning, M.C.; Strang, F.A.; Donnai, Dian // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/26/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6295, p824
Examines the autosomal dominant inheritance of intracranial berry aneurysm. Incidence of aneurysm on internal carotid artery and middle cerebral artery; Consideration of family history in determining aneurysms; Importance of collagen patterns in identifying cerebral aneurysms.
- The Diagnosis Study of Intracalvarium Ruptured Aneurysm. LI Dong-bo; LIU Feng; LUO Xian-hua; MIN Huai-wu; PU Jun // Journal of Kunming Medical University / Kunming Yike Daxue Xueba;2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p88
Objective To investigate the clinical diagnosis method for intracalvarium ruptured aneurysm. Methods 203 patients who suffered with intracalvarium ruptured aneurysm were examined with DSA or CTA. the examination result, CTA and DSA, 2D-DSA and 3D-DSA were comparatively studied. Results The...
- Can 3D-CTA Surpass DSA in Diagnosis of Cerebral Aneurysm? Kato, Y.; Katada, K.; Hayakawa, M.; Nakane, M.; Ogura, Y.; Sano, K.; Kanno, T. // Acta Neurochirurgica;Apr2001, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p245
Summary After introducing of Helical scanning CT (HCT) and 3D-CTA (three-dimensional CT angiography), various improvements to these methods have been made every year to achieve better imaging quality. The current resolution permits visualisation of the internal structure of tumors, although as...
- Kissing anterior communicating artery aneurysms: Diagnostic dilemma and management issues. Baldawa, S. S.; Menon, G.; Nair, S. // Journal of Postgraduate Medicine;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p44
Kissing aneurysms are unusual and relatively rare types of multiple intracranial arterial aneurysms. When located on the anterior communicating artery (ACoA), kissing aneurysms pose considerable diagnostic difficulty on preoperative conventional angiogram. Special angiographic views or 3D...
- Intracranial aneurysms: analysis of results of microneurosurgery. Adams, C.B.T.; Loach, A.B.; O'Laoire, S.A. // British Medical Journal;9/11/1976, Vol. 2 Issue 6036, p607
Analyzes the operative management of intracranial aneurysms prognosis among patients in Great Britain. Prognosis of subarachnoid hemorrhage from intracranial aneurysms; Verification of the mortality and morbidity during microsurgery; Suggestions for the improvement of the results.
- Optimal screening strategy for familial intracranial aneurysms? // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;8/7/2010, Issue 609, p7
The article discusses research on the cost effectiveness of medical screening for detecting intracranial aneurysms in individuals with a family history of subarachnoid haemorrhage, referencing a study by A. S. Bor and colleagues published in the May 25, 2010 issue of "Neurology."
- Superficial Temporal Artery-Middle Cerebral Artery Bypass (STA-MCA) for Middle Cerebral Artery Dissecting Aneurysm in a Child. CHOWDHURY, F. H.; HAQUE, M. R.; ISLAM, M. S.; SARKER, A. C.; ALAM, S. M. // Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons;Apr2014, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p94
Intracranial arterial dissection or dissecting aneurysm is relatively uncommon and usually involve the vertebrobasilar system. Here we report a pediatric case of middle cerebral artery dissection/dissecting aneurysm with sub arachnoid hemorrhage and Sylvian fissure hematoma on dominant side....
- Spontaneous superficial temporal artery aneurysm associated with multiple intracranial cerebral aneurysms â€“ does it segmental mediolytic arteriopathy of the intra- and extra-cranial arteries? Ohta, H.; Sakai, H.; Nakahara, I.; Sakai, N.; Nagata, I.; Ishibashi-Ueda, H. // Acta Neurochirurgica;Sep2003, Vol. 145 Issue 9, p805
Discusses a medical case of a 55-year-old female diagnosed with spontaneous superficial temporal artery (STA) aneurysm presumed to be segmental mediolytic arteriopathy on pathological findings associated with intracranial multiple cerebral aneurysms. Diagnosis upon presentation at the hospital;...
- Aneurysm Characteristics Associated with the Rupture Risk of Intracranial Aneurysms: A Self-Controlled Study. Kang, Huibin; Ji, Wenjun; Qian, Zenghui; Li, Youxiang; Jiang, Chuhan; Wu, Zhongxue; Wen, Xiaolong; Xu, Wenjuan; Liu, Aihua // PLoS ONE;11/5/2015, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
This study analyzed the rupture risk of intracranial aneurysms (IAs) according to aneurysm characteristics by comparing the differences between two aneurysms in different locations within the same patient. We utilized this self-controlled model to exclude potential interference from all...