- PRACTICE STAFF OFF SICK ALL THE TIME. Salter, Michael; Bryden, Chris // Pulse;1/30/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p49
The article offers tips on what to do when a staff has been off to work unwell for more than 18 months while another employee is also off regularly with short ailments. Relative to the mentioned situation, it clarifies the possibility that employer would dismiss the employees who are off work...
- Mind the gap. Weekes, Sue // Employers Law;Oct2004, p17
Discusses the issue of career breaks for employees in Great Britain. Reasons behind employees' request for career breaks; Legal issues to be considered by human resource personnel in giving career breaks to employees; Information on the career break scheme at the Board of Boxing Control.
- Perceived Impacts of Family Leave Policy: Do Organizational Factors Matter? Kim, Soonhee // Public Personnel Management;Summer2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p221
Studies the impacts of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Need for employees to balance commitments to work and family; Organizational and management support for family leave policies; Success or failure of such policies; Implications of the findings of the study.
- How to cover for an absent employee. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/30/2012, p30
The article offers tips to cover the workload of employee on a leave of absence, which include having a log on the employee's job description and tasks, early delegation, and the use of help from temporary employment service.
- Pause for thought. Essery, Elaine // Works Management;Aug2005, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on how to manage request for career breaks in businesses. Fear of business disruption; Risk of losing key employees.
- Human side of engineering. Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;Mar98, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p18
Part II. Presents question and answer advisory on personnel management in the United States. Policy on family and medical leave; Factors considered in deciding to fire an employee for social misbehavior; Procedures in dealing employee with substandard performance; Penalty for employee negligence.
- The Rule on Ruling Out Foreign Applicants. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A Jonathan // Workforce (10928332);Jan2003, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p66
Answers questions on issues related to personnel management in the U.S. Insights on the hiring of foreign job applicants; Rules on disclosing information in employee leave.
- How to Manage Your Team's Vacation Requests. Dillon, Karen // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;6/10/2015, p2
The article offers tips from experts on how managers should deal fairly with employees' vacation requests including planning vacations collectively, considering a rota system, and considering other forms of repose and restoration.
- Chapter 12. Future need for research. Alexanderson, Kristina; Norlund, Anders // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Oct2004 Supplement 63, Vol. 32 Issue s63, p256
Discusses the need for further research on sickness absence. Significance of research given high cost of sickness absence; Demographic factors to be considered; Issue of disability pension.