Better Training Is Just a Click Away
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Kogon, Bernard; Martin, John C. // Training & Development Journal;Oct69, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p58
Presents comments on training and development from readers of the periodical 'Training and Development Journal,' as of October 1969. Standards for training and staff development; Political orientation of the American Society for Training and Development.
- A role-over week for training as we know it. Harrison, Roy // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p47
Discusses the reinvention of the training process covered in the annual conference of the American Society of Training and Development. Benefit of an effective learning process to the high-performance work systems; Necessity to replace the outmoded traditional way of training; Some aspects of...
- Training's Bottom Line. Greissel, Mike // Industrial Paint & Powder;Aug2002, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the importance of training not just for employees but for a company's bottom line as studied by the American Society for Training and Development. Increase in training expenditures per employee; Improvement in total shareholder return; Average per-employee expenditures on training.
- A new path to training. // Professional Safety;Aug95, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the concept of on-the-job learning in the training of employees in the United States. Features of the report by the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD); Features of the concept; Importance of employee involvement in the concept.
- Those who have, get more.... Smith, Bob // Management Review;Sep94, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the findings of the American Society for Training and Development's (ASTD) survey on employees' skill-improvement training. Data from Bureau of the Census' Current Populations Surveys for 1983 and 1991 and Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics; Increase in formal company...
- A common standard for measuring training results. Bassi, Laurie J.; Cheney, Scott; McMurrer, Daniel // Training & Development;Mar98, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p10
Features the American Society for Training & Development's (ASTD) Benchmarking Service that will let companies compare their training outcomes to other companies'. Standardized measures for training; Enhancement of credibility of training professionals; How to participate. INSETS: Call to...
- ASTD PLANS FOR 1971. Dobbs, Alphonse A. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1971, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p2
Presents the plans of the American Society for Training and Development for 1971. Completion of carry-over activities and plans; Recognition and fulfillment of critical needs and expectations; Organized approach in development and growth of training professionals.
- Learning from the best. Lucadamo, Lisa; Cheney, Scott // Training & Development;Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p25
Describes the training practices of the US companies which were awarded the American Society for Training & Development's 1996 Best Practice Awards. Allstate Insurance Co.; California State Automobile Association; Pacific Gas & Electric; Swiss Bank Corporation & Trans-Cultural Relations. ...
- ASTD NEWS. Koehle, Deborah A. F. // Training & Development;Aug2000, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p78
Presents updates on the activities of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), as of August 2000. Pilot testing of a structure that will enable ASTD members from outside of the United States to convene in much the same way as United States members do in local chapters; Details...