Channel the Resume Flood With Applicant Tracking Systems
- Pounding the Electronic Pavement for Jobs. Goldsborough, Reid // Black Issues in Higher Education;09/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p44
Deals with the use of the Internet in the job market. Advantages and disadvantages of online job-seeking and recruitment; Information on several job sites.
- LOG ON FOR RECRUITS. Curry, Pat // Industry Week/IW;10/16/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p46
Deals with the challenges faced by online employee recruiters. Advantages of online recruitment services; Problems with online recruitment; Discussion on the concerns in online recruiting. INSET: REFINING THE SEARCH.
- How To Net A New Job. Shaw, Geoff // NZ Marketing Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p47
Discusses the impact of the Internet technology on job recruitment process. Response of New Zealand residents to interactive recruitment; Tips for job hunters regarding interactive recruitment; Information on the attitude of recruitment firms to online job hunters.
- Global recruiting. Wang, Angelena // Computing Japan;Sep99, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p45
Discusses Internet recruiting or online recruiting. Benefits from virtual career Web sites; Factors that have significant impact on recruitment efforts; Key qualifications which employers are seeking for mid-level management employees.
- Bits and paper: The emerging employment market in cyberspace. Wyld, David C. // American Business Review;Jan1998, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p64
Deals with on-line recruiting and job hunting. Paradoxes of the cyber employment market; Includes changes in resumes, applications, interviews, networking and site visits; Implications of these technological innovations on corporations and individuals.
- Help wanted.com. Harland, Pam // Regional Review;Fall97, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the growing trend of online job hunting and recruiting. `Boston Herald' newspaper's launch of an Internet service called Jobfind.com., which matches job seekers to firms seeking new employees; Online recruitment approach of Cabletron Systems; Creation of an interactive recruitment...
- E-cruiting helps fill vacancies. Hanson, Jim // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;10/04/99, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the growing use of the Internet as a job-hunting tool. Projected growth in employer spending for online recruiting in 2003; Number of resumes posted on job boards; Online recruitment pricing.
- Cruise the Web to land the job of your dreams. Fitch, Malcolm // Money;May97, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p29
Presents the first of several columns on the use of the Internet in personal finance. A guide on how to use the World Wide Web to find a job; The benefits to both employee and employer in using the Web for job selection; Three job banks considered to be the most comprehensive for use as a resource.
- For jobseekers, the Web is the future and the now. Kennedy, Joyce Lain // San Diego Business Journal;12/08/97, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p49
Introduces the Web-based technology with a one-stop-shopping attitude which automates all hiring functions, not just applicant tracking. Focus of the Web-based technology; How the technology work; Details of the enterprisewide concept; Function of the Web-based software.