McGraw-Hill Plans To Buy College Textbook Publisher Mayfield
- MHC to Acquire Mayfield. // Publishers Weekly;12/11/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 50, p17
Reports that McGraw-Hill Companies has reached an agreement to acquire Mayfield Publishing Co. Schedule of the completion of the acquisition; List of topics that Mayfield specializes in.
- BusinessWeek Bids Due. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/21/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p1
This article reports on the potential buyers for an asset of McGraw-Hill in 2009. Bloomberg, Platinum Equity, Zelnick Media and OpenGate Capital are among the companies that expressed some degree of interest in the asset. Bruce Wasserstein, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Lazard,...
- Famous McGraw-Hill ad gets facelift. Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the updated version of the `man in the chair' print advertisement of McGraw-Hill Co., which has been around since the late 1960s. Consistency in the ad's emphatic, blunt copy; Reason for the updating of the ad.
- New division to handle Ed. management SW. // T H E Journal;Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
Reports that McGraw-Hill has established a new division to handle local area network-based K-12 school administrative management solutions. Student management system for district personnel; Automation software.
- Hire service stars. // Personnel Journal;Nov95 Supplement New Product, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the Customer Service Skills Inventory (CSSI) from McGraw Hill. What it is; What it does; Special features.
- McGraw-Hill venture. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p22
Informs about a venture fund formed by McGraw-Hill Cos. to invest in emerging information industry opportunities.
- McGraw-Hill cuts. // Crain's New York Business;12/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 51, p26
Focuses on the plans of McGraw-Hill, to reduce 340 jobs at its higher-education publishing division, with its purchase of a Times Mirror Company unit in October 1996. Effects of the layoffs.
- What makes the information industry tick. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;11/11/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p53
Opinion. Argues that McGraw-Hill Inc. is a prime example of what the information industry is and how it works. Indicators of resilience and likely future of the newspaper and magazine industries; McGraw Hill's specialized information business; Standard & Poor's stock service for financial...
- McGraw-Hill message compelling. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug97, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p46
Reports that textbooks and trade magazines are the stock-in-trade of McGraw-Hill Companies. Reference to the company telling viewers that it is a forward-thinking purveyor of information that intends to be a player in the 21st century; description of the 30-second spots created by...