Houghton Mifflin To Test E-Book Waters; Offers Electronic College Textbooks For Fall 2001 Use
- Textbooks to Become Interactive. // T H E Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on Houghton Mifflin and netLibrary's launch of a digital textbook initiative to create electronic versions of Houghton Mifflin College Division texts. Role of MetaText in the enterprise; Description of MetaText editions; Features of the web-based learning platform .
- Houghton Mifflin Pilots Two College E-Textbook Models; Builds Classroom Management System. // Educational Marketer;5/2/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the testing of Houghton Mifflin Co. of two e-textbook models in the U.S. Response of the company to the imminent transition from print to technology of educational materials; Aim of the company to determine what students are looking for in terms of layout, price, and functionality of...
- netLibrary, Houghton Mifflin to Launch Digital Textbook Initiative. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Jan2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the plans of netLibrary and Houghton Mifflin to launch a digital textbook initiative using netLibrary's Metatext as of January, 2001. Plans to provide college students and instructors with access to electronic textbooks; Details of the online textbooks which contain all the...
- HM Licenses an E-dictionary. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the September 2000 release of the fourth edition of the book `American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language,' in print and electronic editions from Houghton Mifflin. Developments made to the dictionary; Features of the CD-ROM edition; Details of the dictionary's embedded lookup.
- Houghton Mifflin lands Illinois online contract; looking for more RFP's. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Houghton Mifflin Co.'s contract with online curriculum providers in Illinois. Creation of Illinois@Education Place; Terms of the contract; Other services awarded contracts by Illinois.
- Houghton Mifflin ships first abridged adult title. Sweeting, P. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p49
Report on Houghton Mifflin Audio's introduction of abridged readings of adult books.
- Houghton Mifflin to acquire Gollancz. Reuter, M.; Menkes, V. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/1989, Vol. 236 Issue 15, p10
Discusses Houghton Mifflin's plan to acquire Victor Gollancz, one of the few remaining British independent publishers, and the advantages of this acquisition. Distribution; Publishing program; British reaction. INSET: Barnes & Noble buys controlling interest in Bookstop..
- The college textbook publisher's Web site: Is it editorial? Education? Marketing? Alschuler, Liora // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jul98, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p5
Discusses the role of the Houghton Mifflin College Division publishers Web site. Information on books included on the site; Details on the American History BiblioBase; Comments from Victoria Keirnan, director of Internet development for the College Division. INSET: The larger picture: A...
- Houghton Mifflin reports sales of $464 million in '93. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/31/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the sales of Houghton Mifflin Co. for 1993. Percentage increase from 1992 sales; Effect of the divestiture of Gollancz and Canadian operations; Operating income for 1993; Contribution of sales from the college division.