Generalized block triangular preconditioner for symmetric saddle point problems
- Interior projection-like methods for monotone variational inequalities. Auslender, Alfred; Teboulle, Marc // Mathematical Programming;Sep2005, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p39
We propose new interior projection type methods for solving monotone variational inequalities. The methods can be viewed as a natural extension of the extragradient and hyperplane projection algorithms, and are based on using non Euclidean projection-like maps. We prove global convergence...
- Stable smoothing method for solving a model mechanical problem with friction. Kushniruk, N. N.; Namm, R. V.; Tkachenko, A. S. // Computational Mathematics & Mathematical Physics;Jun2011, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p965
solution algorithm with a modified Lagrangian functional is studied as applied to a semicoercive model problem with friction.
- Extraproximal method for solving two-person saddle-point games. Antipin, A.; Artem'eva, L.; Vasil'ev, F. // Computational Mathematics & Mathematical Physics;Sep2011, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p1472
An equilibrium model is proposed for a two-person saddle-point game with partially coincident or conflicting interests. Meaningful interpretations of such a game are discussed. Three variants of the extraproximal method for finding an equilibrium point are proposed, and their convergence is proved.
- Saddlepoint approximations as smoothers. Davison, A. C.; Suojin Wang // Biometrika;Dec2002, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p933
This note investigates the sense in which saddlepoint approximations act as smoothers of discrete distributions. The discrete problem is embedded in a continuous model that closely matches it on the discrete sample space, with saddlepoint approximation yielding an inference that is almost exact...
- Tail probability approximations for Student's t-statistics. Wang Zhou; Bing-Yi Jing // Probability Theory & Related Fields;Dec2006, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p541
In this paper, we derive saddlepoint approximations for Student's t-statistics for strongly nonlattice random variables without moment conditions. Under very mild conditions, we show that saddlepoint equations always have solutions.
- SADDLE-POINT OF A GAME. // Encyclopedia of Operations Research & Management Science;2001, p733
This entry provides information on the saddle-point of a game.
- Hybridization of Adaptive Differential Evolution and Two Local Search Techniques with a Restart Strategy: Some Preliminary Experimental Results. Khanum, Rashida Adeeb; Salhi, Abdellah; Jan, Muhammad Asif // Annual International Conference on Advanced Topics in Artificial;2012, p62
Classical optimization methods like Steepest Descent Method (SDM) and Broyden-Fletcher-Goldfarb-Shanno (BFGS) can solve many optimization problems. However, in case of new complex optimization problems (e.g., CEC2005 and CEC2010) with many local optima, they usually do not find the global...
- Saddle points of the potential energy surface for HCCF determined by an algebraic approach. Wang, X.; Ding, S. // European Physical Journal D -- Atoms, Molecules, Clusters & Opti;Jun2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p337
The potential energy surface of the tetratomic molecule HCCF is determined by the U(4) algebraic method. The combination coefficients in the Hamiltonian are gotten from fitting the spectroscopic data. The molecular properties, such as, force constants and dissociation energies, are obtained in...
- Reduced Basis A Posteriori Error Bounds for the Stokes Equations in Parametrized Domains: A Penalty Approach. Gerner, Anna-Lena; Veroy, Karen // AIP Conference Proceedings;9/30/2010, Vol. 1281 Issue 1, p2041
We present reduced basis approximations and associated rigorous a posteriori error bounds for the Stokes equations in parametrized domains. The method is built upon a penalty formulation for saddle point problems and provides error bounds admitting affine geometric variations with relative ease....