State of the industry
- Wondering what to do now? WEBER, RICK // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2009, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p31
The article focuses on the statement by Moh Hayatou of MHS Partners that truck equipment distributors and manufacturers should use the recessionary period to assess their operations, adjust and adapt. Hayatou discussed the impact of technology innovation, shortage of qualified labor and...
- BLAZE ANY HORIZONS LATELY? // Agri Marketing;Oct2004, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p14
Provides some insights into trends and developments in the agricultural industry in the U.S. Trends in mergers and acquisitions, globalization and consumerism; Changes to the National Association of Manufacturers; Contests.
- M&A structure prepares for 'new reality'. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;2/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p11
The article focuses on the changes in merger and acquisition (M&A) structure in 2010 amid the recession, according to speakers at a meeting entitled "M&A in Today's Business Environment" in West Orange, New Jersey.
- Tough times send tremors through supplier landscape. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p22
Reports the merger of companies due to economic slowdown in Detroit, Michigan. Effect of the decrease in production to the companies; Closure of H.R. Krueger Inc. after 65 years of operation; Company operation of the Metaldyne Corp.
- Merger creates Forest Hills Business Association. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/25/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the merger of the Cascade Business Association and the East Paris Business Association to form the new Forest Hills Business Association in 2011.
- Trade Office Opposes Abbey Deal. // National Mortgage News;7/23/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p10
Reports the opposition of the Competition Commission on the merger between Lloyds TSB Group plc and Abbey National in London, England.
- NAPL CONDUCTS TAG & LABEL ACQUISITION OUTREACH. // Label & Narrow Web;May/Jun2013, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
The article informs that the mergers and acquisitions team of the not-for-profit trade association National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL) is planning to conduct a consolidation outreach initiative based on a prominent global label supplier in the Midwest Region of the U.S.
- Lessons from an acquisitions specialist. Howell, William B. // Management Review;Nov79, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p37
Shares some lessons about selecting acquisitions candidates. Importance of getting acquainted with several trade, commercial and business associations; Analysis and understanding of an industry; Role of intermediaries; Two principal reasons why one company acquires another company.
- Global Mergers & Acquisitions Explode. Hansen, Fay // Business Credit;Jun2000, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p22
Reports on global merger and acquisitions in 1999 and 2000. Cross-border deals; European consolidation; Latin America and Asia; Acceleration of the rapid pace of regulatory change worldwide; Recognition of the need to remove barriers to globalization and economic growth; Deal-making...