More than a number
- Fits Like a Glove: Protecting the Hands of Construction Workers. GROCE, DONALD F. // EHS Today;Aug2011, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p45
The article focuses on the use of gloves to protect the hands of construction workers. It notes that gloves are designed to protect workers from a variety of threats such as injuries, chemical exposure, and burns. Meanwhile, it stresses that avoiding the impairment and suffering of injury to...
- The Behavior-Based Approach to Safety. Sellers, Gorden // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;May/Jun2000, Issue 20, p26
Focuses on he behavior-based approach of ensuring that facilities and equipment are designed for safe operation. Quality management concepts adopted by companies; Measure of safety performance; Barriers to safe work; Manner of identifying the types of behavior that can place workers at risk. ...
- Force-Guided Relays Add Extra Measure of Safety. Harris, Richard // Welding Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on additional safety from the use of force-guided relays. Controller configuration; Connection to a control-reliable circuit.
- BUILDING A CULTURE OF SAFETY. Jinkerson, Darryl L.; Vardiman, Phillip D. // Journal of Critical Incidents;Oct2011, Vol. 4, p61
This critical incident was written about an organizational change intervention designed to significantly change the safety culture of a manufacturing facility. Deeply entrenched in the organization are safety norms that suggest that doing the job effectively trumps doing the job efficiently or...
- Best Practices for Use of Portable Gas Monitors in Confined Spaces. LIGUS JR., EDWARD G. // EHS Today;Aug2011, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p39
The article focuses on the use of portable gas monitor in confined work spaces of factories in the U.S. It notes that employers are required by the government to monitor the air before entry and during the entire time employees occupy the confined space in order to protect workers. Meanwhile, it...
- STAVLJANJE OSOBNE ZAÅ TITNE OPREME NA TRÅ½IÅ TE. // Sigurnost;2010, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p411
No abstract available.
- ComDust-A Pro's Approach. Barrett, Jon A. // Chem.info;Sep2010, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the importance of combustible dust cleaning in factories. It offers techniques on how to clean and remove the dust and particulate buildup including a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) vacuum and mechanical wet wiping. It describes several precautionary measures for...
- Calculating Industrial Plant Reliability. Mushtaev, V. I.; Nesvizhskii, F. A.; Shubin, V. S.; Lozovaya, N. P. // Chemical & Petroleum Engineering;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 7/8, p492
Focuses on the determination of industrial plant reliability. Reliability theory designed for routine plant; Main forms of hazard in the chemical, petrochemical and oil refining industries; Problems associated with features of industrial plant.
- JTST HIGHLIGHTS. // Advanced Materials & Processes;May2007, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p86
The article discusses various reports that are presented within this issue including "Three Dimensional Modeling of the Plasma Spray Process," by He-Ping Li and E. Pfender, "Worker Exposure Monitoring of Suspended Particles in a Thermal Spray Industry," by Nikolaos Petsas, Giorgos Kouzilos,...