Schmitz Cargobull upgrades UK factory
- Schmitz invests in manufacturing. // Motor Transport;3/12/2009, p10
The article reports that Schmitz Cargobull is investing a seven-figure sum to unite production and ancillaries under one roof, with an extension to its second factory in Harelaw, County Durham, England. Tom Macallan, Schmitz's managing director, says that volume sectors like supermarkets and...
- Macallan gets top Schmitz job. // Motor Transport;2/7/2008, p10
The article announces that Schmitz Cargobull has appointed Tom Macallan managing director.
- Schmitz: more trailers, better money. Harris, David // Commercial Motor;7/17/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5289, p7
The article reports on the financial performance of the trailer-maker Schmitz Cargobull for the current fiscal year. It is stated that the company cut its losses and doubled its turnover by changing its pricing strategy and charging more per trailer. Comments by its managing director Tom...
- Schmitz Cargobull to build reefer bodies on rigid chassis. // Motor Transport;12/3/2009, p7
The article reports that Durham, England-based Schmitz Cargobull AG has announced that it will start building trailer bodies onto rigid chassis so as to maximize its range.
- Battle for fridge plant market hots up. // Commercial Motor;9/27/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5503, p18
The article reports that German trailer-maker Schmitz Cargobull AG is planning to integrate the design of the its trailer and fridge plant in order to optimize thermal performance.
- Schmitz shows decking system, reefer unit. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;9/21/2012, p7
The article previews the S.KOCOOL refrigerated trailers launched by Schmitz Cargobull at the 2012 IAA Commercial Vehicles trade show.
- Higher, lower -- Varios can do both easily. // Motor Transport;3/8/2007, p10
The article features the Varios curtainsider trailer from Schmitz Cargobull.
- Cutting cost to increase share. Swallow, Kevin // Commercial Motor;7/10/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5036, p16
Discusses the plan of trailer manufacturer Schmitz Cargobull to increase its market share in Great Britain. Details on the production capacity of the company; Factors affecting the production operations of the company; Decision of Schmitz Cargobull to open a manufacturing facility in Hungary.
- Specialist kit from Schmitz. // Commercial Motor;4/12/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5224, p19
The article reports on the launch of a range of sliding-floor and tipping semi-trailers from Schmitz Cargobull.