Watch Me! Webcams and the Public Exposure of Private Lives
- Joshing Online. Quittner, Joshua // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/5/2000, Issue 22, p100
Evaluates the Logitech WebCam. Price and features; Internet site on which to 'webcast' homemade videos and pictures; Experience with the camera that did not prove as exciting as the user originally thought it would be. INSETS: THE TRUTH IS ONLINE;NONE OF YOUR E-BIZ;SECONDTHOUGHTS.COM, by Lev...
- AWS-G500 Anycast Station Live Content Producer. // DV: Digital Video;Jan2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p22
This article evaluates the AWS-G500 Anycast Station live video content producer from Sony and offers information on audio and video signals, remote control cameras, Webcasting, pros and cons.
- A Snappy, Go-Anywhere Webcam. Perenson, Melissa J. // PC World;Nov2000, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p104
Evaluates Intel's Pocket PC Camera. How the Pocket PC Camera is a so-called untethered Webcam which is versatile enough for videoconferencing and capturing still images away from the personal computer; Perceived limitations of the camera while untethered, including pixelated images; Cost.
- NAB Show 2011. Kirk, David // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May/Jun2011, p10
The article reports on the 2011 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show held in April. It highlights the key trends at the event including an increase in the number of prosumer-priced products from cameras right through to post-production and infrastructure, a fourfold increase in camera...
- Local net tv broadcast firm's hopes high for new technology. Beauprez, Jennifer // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/11/98, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p15
States that in the Summer of 1998 a compression technology that could accelerate wave of television programming over the Internet, will be introduced by a young Internet broadcasting company in Cleveland, Ohio. Comments made by Gregory Demetriades, chief executive officer of the Internet...
- Content vs. marketing. Shaw, Russell // Broadcasting & Cable;03/26/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 13, p48
Discusses the report 'Local Web News: Case Study of Nine Local Broadcast Internet News Operations,' by Michael Murrie, released by the United States-based Radio and Television News Directors Foundation. Focus on television stations' online news operations as of March 26, 2001.
- Get ready for your own personal C-SPAN. Schick, Michael Wm. // Hill;7/22/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 87, p14
The article presents the author's perspectives regarding the importance of Web-based video broadcasting service Ustream in lobbying businesses in the U.S.
- Intercast hits fast track. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;7/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 32, p56
Reports on the launching of Intercast online system, a joint venture of National Broadcasting Corp., Intel and other companies, at the opening of the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia. Features of the system; Details on the delivery of Intercast content to the personal computer.
- Religious leaders keep 'Faith in Face of Terror.' Fainelli, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;10/25/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 232, p12
Focuses on how the webcast, 'Faith in the Face of Terror,' attempts to place the terrorist attacks within a broader moral context.