Rotator Cuff Repair Augmentation in a Canine Model with Use of a Woven Poly-L-Lactide Device
- The DUROM Cup Humeral Surface Replacement in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Fuerst, Martin; Fink, Bernd; Rüther, Wolfgang // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Oct2008 Supplement 2, Vol. 90-A, p287
BACKGROUND: Rheumatoid arthritis often leads to severe destruction of the glenohumeral joint, including synovitis and inflammation-induced alterations of the rotator cuff. Cup arthroplasty, or surface replacement of the shoulder, was introduced in the 1980s. The aim of this study was to evaluate...
- ì–‘ì¸¡ì„± íšŒì „ê·¼ ê°œ íŒŒì—´ì— ëŒ€í•œ ìˆ˜ìˆ ì ì¹˜ë£Œ ê²°ì • ë° ê²°ê³¼. 장호진; 최창혁; 엄윤식 // Journal of the Korean Orthopaedic Association;Jun2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p213
Purpose: We evaluated the influencing factors in selection of initial operation and outcomes after operative treatment of symptomatic rotator cuff tear including both sides. Materials and Methods: From December 2000 to March 2011, 60 shoulders of 30 patients underwent arthroscopic rotator cuff...
- BIPLANE X-RAY ANALYSIS OF IN-VIVO SHOULDER AND TENDON FUNCTION. Bey, M.; Ciarelli, K.; Kolowich, P.; Lock, T.; Moutzouros, V.; Baker, A.; Iannotti, J.; Derwin, K. // Conference Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American Soc;2010, p17
The article discusses complementary studies on the glenohumeral joint motion after rotator cuff repair in human patients and in-vivo tendon function in a canine model of tendon injury and repair. In the human study, the researchers found that the superior-inferior contact center was different...
- Enhancement of Periprosthetic Bone Quality with Topical Hydroxyapatite-Bisphosphonate Composite. Suratwala, Sanjeev J.; Cho, Samuel K.; van Raalte, Jonathan J.; Sang Hyun Park; Sung Wook Seo; Seong-Sil Chang; Gardner, Thomas R.; Francis Young-In Lee // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Oct2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 10, p2189
Background: Implant loosening is associated with inflammatory bone loss induced by ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene wear debris. We hypothesized that a hydroxyapatite-bisphosphonate composite improves periprosthetic bone quality and osseous integration of an intramedullary implant even...
- Wear Rate of Highly Cross-Linked Polyethylene in Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial. McCalden, Richard W.; MacDonald, Steven J.; Rorabeck, Cecil H.; Bourne, Robert B.; Chess, David G.; Charron, Kory D. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Apr2009, Vol. 91-A Issue 4, p773
Background: Highly cross-linked polyethylene was introduced for clinical use in total hip arthroplasty with the expectation that it would exhibit less wear when compared with conventional polyethylene. The purpose of this study was to report the clinical and radiographic results, after a minimum...
- Does continuous passive motion help? Rubin, Aaron // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Sep96, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p16o
Advises readers on using continuous passive motion (CPM) in patients with rotator cuff repair, as published in `Early results of continuous passive motion after rotator cuff repair: A prospective, randomized, blinded, controlled study,' by M.G. Raab, D. Rzeszutko et al.
- Surgery for the rotator cuff. R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;9/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p115
Offers advice on how to determine if surgery is needed in case of a rotator cuff injury. Clinical examinations of the shoulder.
- Retrospective Analysis of Titanium Plate-Retained Prostheses Placed After Total Rhinectomy. Sandner, Annett; Bloching, Marc // International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants;2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p118
Purpose: To report the use of a new platelike system (Titanium Epiplating System, Medicon, Tuttlingen, Germany) for rehabilitation of patients after total rhinectomy. Materials and Methods: This retrospective study was conducted on all patients treated between August 2001 and July 2006 with...
- Reply to the Letter to the Editor: Advantages of Arthroscopic Transosseous Suture Repair of the Rotator Cuff without the Use of Anchors. Kuroda, Shigehito; Ishige, Noriyuki; Mikasa, Motohiko // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Mar2014, Vol. 472 Issue 3, p1044
A response from the author of the article "Advantages of Arthroscopic Transosseous Suture Repair of the Rotator Cuff Without the Use of Anchors" that was published in the previous issue is presented.