Section 8. Nuclear Energy
- Now is decision time for nuclear energy. Greek, Dinah // Professional Engineering;06/23/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p17
Focuses on developments related to nuclear energy in Great Britain as of June 23, 1999. Report by the Royal Academy of Engineering focusing on the state of nuclear energy in the country; British government's need to make up its mind regarding nuclear energy; Nuclear power plants in the country.
- symposium. Lake, James A.; Lovins, Amory; Lovins, Hunter // Insight on the News;8/27/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p40
Presents opinion on the use of nuclear power. Amount of electricity produced by nuclear plants; Benefits of nuclear energy; Expensiveness of nuclear plants.
- Section 8. Nuclear energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Dec97, p103
Presents an overview of statistical data focusing on the use of nuclear energy. Information on nuclear power plants operations; Number of nuclear generating units during 1973 to 1997.
- DESPITE RATE OF PLANT START-UPS, FUTURE BLEAK FOR NUCLEAR INDUSTRY. // National Wildlife;Aug/Sep84, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p25
Cites a report from the Atomic Industrial Forum stating that as many as nine nuclear plants will start operating in the U.S. in 1984. Estimated number of plants under construction; Technical and financial troubles affecting the nuclear power industry; Concern on the economic risk associated...
- Finland approves fifth nuclear powerplant. // Power;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p5
Reports the approval of the Finnish Parliament for the construction of a nuclear powerplant in Olkiluoto in 2002. Overview of the assessment review conducted by the parliament; Basis for the decision; Support for the project.
- NUCLEAR PLANTS MAY SHATTER YEAR 2000'S RECORD ACHIEVEMENTS. // Power Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p11
Reports the trend in nuclear power plant performance in the U.S. in 2001. Comparison with the 2000 data; Statistics on the power generated by nuclear plants; Contribution of nuclear power to clean air as reported by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
- Economic growth increases reliance on nuclear power. // Modern Power Systems;May95, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
No abstract available.
- CSNI Technical Opinion Papers. // OECD Papers;2002, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p1
Presents the Nuclear Energy Agency's Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations' opinion papers. Fire probabilistic safety assessment for nuclear power plants; Seismic probabilistic safety assessment for nuclear facilities.
- The Royal Society backs The Engineer's call for new nuclear build. Coppinger, Rob // Engineer (00137758);2/21/2003, Vol. 291 Issue 7621, p11
Suggests the building of additional nuclear power stations in Great Britain. Government plans for existing nuclear stations; Energy shortfall the could results from the lack of nuclear power.