McGraw-Hill Teams With 3Com And marchFIRST For Teaching Tool
- 3COM ADSL MODEM USB STREAMLINES INSTALLATION FOR ISPS. // Modem Users News;Mar2001, p6
Reports on the launching of an ADSL modem from 3Com Corp. Alcatel chipset featured in the modem; Instant update function of the modem which protects service provider investments for upgrades.
- 3Com's ad campaign targets name game. Jensen, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;09/15/97, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p33
Focuses on the efforts of 3Com Corporation to promote itself as as a brand of consumer electronics and technology products, while highlighting an advertising campaign which was launched. Details on company's advertisement campaign; Comments from Neil Clemmons, 3Com's vice president of marketing;...
- High Tech Buzz. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;04/01/99, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p70
Features the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Penn Brewery Restaurant. Restaurant as a venue for computer company 3-Com's training sessions.
- The Internet on-ramp quest. McCarthy, Vance // Telephony;3/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p50
Discusses the control on the ramp of the networking business on the Internet as means of survival of 3Com executives. 3Com's approach to Internet service; Analysis on the goals of 3Coms to the rival carrier systems; Domination of 3Com to Internet on ramp; Follow-up on the recent merger with...
- 3Com targets modems to shoppers, gamers. Olenick // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/01/99, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p21
Reports on 3Com's marketing of electronic-commerce and Internet gaming modems to attract customers and encourage the upgrade of existing personal computer systems. Features of the application-specific modems; Incentives offered to consumers; 3Com's cross-promotional activities.
- Makers stumble turning site visits into sales. Jones, Kevin // Inter@ctive Week;12/15/97, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p50
Presents information on small-business customers which accessed the Web site of 3Com Corporation to purchase switches and hubs for their networks. Statements from John Scott Dixon the director of electronic media for Insight Direct Incorporation; Information on other shopping network resellers.
- Who's in charge here? Richman, T. // Inc.;Jun89, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p36
Describes the struggles and ultimate success of the relationship between entrepreneur Bob Metcalfe, the founder of 3Com Corp., a computer networking company, and Bill Krause, the manager Metcalfe hired to run the company. After an initial fight over titles and authority in 1982, the two men say...
- 3Com park a big hit with the Net. Fassett, Anne M. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the availability of 3Com Corp.'s `Internet Spoken Here' Web browsing stations to all visitors to 3Com Park.
- 3Com's token-ring migration. E. K. // Business Communications Review;Mar1997, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p72
Focuses on 3Com's, in Santa Clara County, California, token-rings-in-Fast Ethernet product. Reactions to 3Com's two token-rings; Comments from Scott Lindsay, 3Com's director of marketing for token-ring; Information on 3Com's second token-ring announcement.