Research Librarians Ask Justice Department To Block Harcourt Sale
- Harcourt General's Strategies To Boost Shareholder Value Include Possible Sale. // Electronic Education Report;07/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p5
Focuses on the efforts of Harcourt General to seek strategic alternatives to increase shareholder value in Maine. Possibility for the sale of the company; Account on electronic offerings and availability of online activities; Revenues generated by the company; List of publishing operations;...
- Reed Looks for Harcourt Buyer. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the decision of Reed Elsevier to sell Harcourt Education for at least $3 billion. Reed Elsevier acquired Harcourt Education in 2001 as part of its purchase of Harcourt General. Harcourt Education earns $1.6 billion in revenue and $237 million in operating profits. A...
- Reed Elsevier's Acquisition of Harcourt Given the OK by U.S. Justice Department. // Arkansas Libraries;Jun2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p38
The article presents information on the proposed acquisition of Harcourt General, Inc. by Reed Elsevier. Reed Elsevier has announced that the U.S. Department of Justice allowed the former to proceed with its proposed acquisition of the Harcourt General. Furthermore, the acquisition was cleared...
- K-12 Education Group Leads Harcourt 2000 Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;12/18/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the revenue growth of K-12 Education Group at Harcourt General in the fourth quarter of 2000.
- Harcourt sets $200 mil buyback. Peers, Martin // Variety;3/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 6, p66
Reports on Harcourt General Inc.'s plan to buy back its own stock. Harcourt's cash reserves; Harcourt as possible buyer of NBC and CBS.
- Harcourt General to spin off theatre unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/20/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 38, p8
Reports on Harcourt General's spin off of its theatre operations. Operation of the General Cinema Theatres to be managed by GC Companies; Ownership and share of stocks; Timetable.
- Strong third publishing quarter at Harcourt General. Milliot., Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the sales performance of Harcourt General for the quarter ending July 31, 1993. Increase in operating profit; Performance of various departments and units; Strong year for publishing group.
- Cash-rich Harcourt seeking acquisitions, moving from print. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/25/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p14
Reports on the plan of Harcourt General to acquire publishing companies. Problem with excess cash; Investment in internal development; Key products under development.
- School units led Harcourt Bruce in 1993. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/21/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the operating income of Harcourt General for 1993. Percentage increase from earnings in 1992; Sales from elementary schools; Success of the `Treasury of Literature' reading program; Sales from secondary school group; Sales from the college group.