Reorganizing Tribune Education Acquisitions, McGraw-Hill Creates New Elementary Group
- Future acquisitions at Tribune Ed. to take company into electronic market. // Electronic Education Report;11/24/99, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p7
Reports that Tribune Education is planning to launch acquisitions in the electronic educational media market.
- McGraw-Hill To Buy Tribune Ed.; Fills In Language Arts And Literature Gaps. // Electronic Education Report;07/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p2
Reports the agreement of McGraw-Hill to acquire Tribune Education in the United States. Impact of the deal on the position of MCGraw-Hill in K-12 basal textbook market; Integration of educational texts with digital products; Expansion of business to an online K-12 learning network; Significance...
- McGraw-Hill To Buy Tribune Ed. For $635 Million, Boosts Presence In Supplemental Market. // Educational Marketer;07/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Tribune Education company by McGraw-Hill Cos.
- McGraw-Hill Buys Tribune Education for $635 Million. // Curriculum Administrator;Aug2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p10
Reports on McGraw-Hill's acquisition of Tribune Education. Acquisition price; Tribune Co.'s plan to place its education division on the block; Leveraging the products of Tribune Education and McGraw-Hill; Government requiring McGraw-Hill to shed some of its assets.
- McGraw-Hill Expands Further Into Children's Trade Book Publishing. // Book Publishing Report;07/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
Reports the acquisition of Tribune Education Co. by McGraw-Hill Companies in the United States. Impact of the acquisition on the company's share of the trade publishing and edutainment product market for children; Sales projection for the 2000; Terms of the agreement; Need for acquisition...
- McGraw-Hill Cos. Begins Tribune Integration. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p10
Reports that McGraw-Hill Cos. is in the process of integrating the acquired Tribune Education divisions into its own units as of October 23, 2000. Elimination of jobs at the Tribune units; Details of the integration; Total revenues of the education publishing unit of McGraw.
- MHC to Acquire Tribune Education for $634 Million. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 27, p9
Reports that the McGraw-Hill Co. has reached an agreement to acquire Tribune Education from the supplementary education business of Tribune Company. Terms under the acquisition deal; Its significance; Sales and operating profits of Tribune's supplementary education business.
- New jobs expected out of McGraw-Hill purchase. Clawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Aug2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p7
Reports the effects of purchasing the Tribune Education Company by the McGraw-Hill Co. in Canada. Increase of the supplementary educational products; Maximization of sales volume; Growth of the market shares.
- Tribune Ed. Posts Losses, Focuses On `Business At Hand' Despite Sale. // Electronic Education Report;05/10/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p7
Highlights the financial performance of Chicago, Illinois-based Tribune Education in the first quarter of 2000.