Superstore Expansion Outweighs Mall-Based Store Closures At Chains
- September Bookstore Sales Jump 20%. // Publishers Weekly;11/27/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 48, p12
Provides information on the increase of retail bookstore sales for the month of September 2000 in the United States.
- Sam Weller's Books to leave longtime location. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/16/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 38, p6
The article reveals the plan of Sam Weller's Books to leave its location in the David Keith Building in Utah. According to owner Tony Weller, he plans to remain in the downtown area to maintain the mix of new and rare books the readers have found at Weller's. He reveals that he is facing a new...
- Book `em: A look at consumer demand for books. Niemira, Michael P. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the increase in reading time of almost all age groups in the United States that may increase book sales. Retail bookstore sales during the first quarter of 1998; Role of the Internet in the demand for books.
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the performance of the book industry in the United States for 1990. Publishers' revenues for the first nine months of 1995; Book purchasing patterns of the United States consumer; Total sales by the industry; Producer price index for books in the United States; Statistics on exports...
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p89
Assesses the book publishing industry in the United States. Increase in revenue for the first three months of 1990; Surge in demand for books and personal consumption expenditures; Data on purchases, sales, production and hours worked in employment and earnings; Growth in exports and imports of...
- U.S. book returns, 1984-1989. Greco, Albert N. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p46
Studies the book return phenomenon that affected the United States book industry for the year 1984 to 1989. Statistics about the US book industry; Causes of the increase in book returns; Suggestions to reduce book returns.
- Geographic concentration and regional trends in the book publishing industry, 1963-1987. Monmonier, Mark; Schnell, George A. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p62
Studies the book industry in the United States for the period 1963 to 1987. Decline in New York State's share of the market; Emergence of regional publishing centers.
- The growing gap in book industry statistics. Dessauer, John P. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on the discrepancy among book industry statistics cited by different institutions in the United States. Reluctance of long-established institutions to adjust to novel and unfamiliar developments; Calls for a new survey design employing unprecedented sampling and estimating techniques.
- Short subjects. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;1/30/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p27
Reports on book industry developments in the United States as of January 1995. Sale of foreign rights to the book `Littlejohn,' by Howard Owens; Publication of the book `The Optimistic Child,' by Martin E.P. Seligman.