With Acquisitions Big And Small, Book Industry Consolidation Continued In 2000
- Record Year at Rowman & Littlefield. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/22/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 21, p20
Reports on the earnings of Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group in 1999. Total revenues for the year; Sales for the year; Factors that contributed to the growth of the publishing group; Information on the company's acquisition plans in 2000.
- R&L buys classic outdoors house. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p10
Reports on Lanham, Maryland-based Rowman & Littlefield's acquisition of Derrydale Press, a publisher of outdoor and sports titles based in Lyons, Mississippi. History of the press; Rowman's publishing program.
- Rowman & Littlefield acquires five small publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/24/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 34, p9
Discusses Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group's acquisition of five nonfiction publishing houses in the summer of 1998. Frequent mergers and acquisitions among publishers; Acquisitions of Ivan R. Dee Inc., Lexington Books, New Lexington Press, New Amsterdam Books, and Vestal Press; Comments...
- Preface. R. F. G. // Medievalia et Humanistica;2015, Vol. 41, pxiii
People whom the author would like to thank for the creation of the book "MEDIEVALIA ET HUMANISTICA" are mentioned.
- Publisher Bringing On-Demand Printing To Its Fulfillment Center. // Book Publishing Report;07/10/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p5
Reports the employment of a short-run printing system in the Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group fulfillment center in Blue Ridge Summit, Pennsylvania. Role of the Edwards Brothers printing company in the operation of the system; Implication for shipment, receiving and billing of books;...
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p8
Presents news briefs related to book publishing as of May 28, 2001. Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group's acquisition of the assets of two trade book publishers; Stewart House's start of operation of Stewart House Distribution Services.
- WORDS OF WAR. Martinez, Juan // Publishers Weekly;8/24/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 34, p29
The article reports on the continued success of war and military history titles despite the recession, a plethora of free online information and the declining number of living World War II veterans. The most obvious reason for the category's success, the author notes, might be the sheer number...
- R&L in Niche Buy. // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the purchase of NCUP Inc. by U.S. publishing company Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group in 2003. Details of the purchase.
- Rowman & Littlefield Adds Second Texas Publisher. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/16/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 29, p71
Deals with the acquisition of Taylor Wilson Publishing by Rowman & Littlefield after purchasing Taylor Trade Publishing in Texas in year 2001. Details on the opening of Rowman's office to be headed by David Hamrick as a result of the double purchases; Details on the handling of the books...