Analysts: N.Y. Tobacco Revenue Shortfall Won't Hurt Bonds
- States hop aboard the `Garvee' train to get new funds. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/03/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the government transportation fund securitization or Garvee bonds in the United States. Issuance of the Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicle bonds to fund transportation projects; List of states issuing Garvee bonds; Types of Garvee bonds; History on the development of the Garvee program.
- Kansas may back children's bonds with tobacco money. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30849, p1
Reports that Kansas officials are considering securitizing a portion of the state's tobacco lawsuit settlement to back bonds that will fund programs benefiting children across the state. Divestment of some of the risk of losing money if tobacco firms go out of business before the payments are...
- Californians look to the East before moving on tobacco debt. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p1
Reports on the decision of California finance officers to observe first how the market will react to tobacco bonds sold in the East Coast before they decide whether to securitize California's $25 billion share of the national tobacco settlement payments. Proposal to pool the debt ...
- Securitisation takes off. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p68
Focuses on the securitization market in South Africa. Introduction of securitization regulations; Definition and features of securitization; Reasons for companies to securitize assets.
- Skin in the Game Won't Work If It Goes Too Far. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;4/12/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p5
The article discusses the harm to asset-backed financing by changes to accounting policies in the U.S.
- Deal Gets Over Reg Hurdle, But Full Market Has Yet to Clear It. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;4/26/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p5
The article focuses on the efficiency of the originated private-label/jumbo securitization in the U.S.
- Securitisation: A viable finance alternative? De Giorgio, Emmanuelle Moors // African Business;Jan1998, Issue 228, p36
Focuses on securitization as a form of raising finance. Significance of securitizing future cash flow; Basic structure of international future flow securitization; Elements considered where rating of securitized transactions are based.
- Turning debts into cash. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p68
Focuses on the growth of debt securitization in Asia. Expected growth of debt origination; Major sources of growth in debt origination; Completion of the first Asian securitization outside of Japan and Hong Kong; Collaboration between traditional securitization markets and markets of other high...
- Asset securitization for middle-market companies. Lindquist, Teri A. // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on asset securitization, a financing method which enables companies to obtain a lower cost of funds through the capital markets. Method of financing a pool of financial assets by selling those assets to a special purpose vehicle (SPV); Three main benefits which are derived from asset...