Delaware's Carper Ends Tenure With FY2002 Budget Plan
- $58.2 million of bonds proposed in Delaware. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30819, p4
Reports on Delaware Governor Thomas Carper's proposed operating budget for fiscal 2001. General obligation debt planned.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. // Education Week;4/28/1993, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p15
The article presents summaries of precollegiate education budgets proposed by governors in the U.S. and highlights of issues related to the states' education agendas. Delaware Governor Thomas R. Carper has proposed legislation to change composition of state board of education and remove...
- Carper Asks Legislators To Stand by Standards. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;02/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p19
Focuses on Delaware Governor Thomas R. Carper's education policy in his State of the State Address. Educator-accountability legislative bill supported by the governor; Reactions by legislators in Delaware over the governor's education policy.
- Politics '00. Gizzi, John // Human Events;02/25/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the senatorial race between Thomas Carper and William V. Roth in Delaware. Details on the political achievements of Roth; Credentials of Carper in politics.
- THE KNOWN (Poem). Carper, Thomas // Modern Age;Fall2003, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p290
Presents the poem "The Known," by Thomas Carper.
- Gov. Thomas Carper Delaware. // Planning;Apr99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p17
Profiles Governor Thomas Carper of Delaware. Career background in politics; Historical background of Delaware's land use planning policies; Information on the Shaping Delaware's Future Act; Changes involved in Delaware during Carper's leadership.
- Del. Ties School Job Reviews to Student Tests. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;05/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p24
Focuses on Delaware's educational accountability bill which Governor Thomas R. Carper is expected to sign in May 2000. Provisions of the revised plan that passed the legislature; Postponement of the implementation of new testing requirements in reading and mathematics.
- Versions of Corot (Poem). Carper, Thomas // American Scholar;Winter90, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p38
Presents the poem "Versions of Corot," by Thomas Carper.
- The Salvation of Faust. Carper, Thomas // Poetry;Feb94, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p267
Presents the poem "The Salvation of Faust," by Thomas Carper.