Bush Names Houston Superintendent as Education Secretary
- ROD PAIGE'S LEARNING CURVE. Gorman, Siobhan // National Journal;6/30/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p2101
Features Roderick Paige, United States (U.S.) Department of Education Secretary under the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. Accomplishment of Paige during his first 100 days; Future challenges of Paige; Paige's chance as the education bill moves into its implementation phase.
- Statement on the Resignation of Roderick R. Paige as Secretary of Education. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/22/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p2828
Presents the text of a statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on November 15, 2004. Sentiments over the resignation of Roderick R. Paige as Secretary of Education; Contributions to the nation's public education system.
- TEACHER IN CHIEF. Winters, Rebecca; Baughn, Alice Jackson; McCalope, Michelle // Time;2/12/2001, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p74
Focuses on Rod Paige, who was appointed Secretary of Education by United States President George W. Bush. Advocacy of conservative education policies by Paige, who was superintendent of schools in Houston, Texas; Background on Paige and career highlights.
- OCR Choice Renews Debate on Credentials Needed for Job. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;9/12/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on United States President George W. Bush's selection of Gerald A. Reynolds to head the U.S. Department of Education's office for civil rights. Debate over credentials the job requires; Republican presidents' tendency to nominate lawyers with conservative political credentials.
- Remarks at the Swearing-In Ceremony for Roderick R. Paige as Secretary of Education. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/29/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p221
Presents the text of the remarks made by United States President George W. Bush on January 24, 2001 at the swearing-in ceremony for Roderick R. Paige as secretary of education.
- Houston School Chief Rod Paige Named Education Secretary In Bush Cabinet. // Jet;01/22/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p8
Announces the naming of Roderick Paige, superintendent of schools in Houston, Texas to the position of the United States Education Department Secretary by President-elect George W. Bush.
- Rush of Confirmations Populates Paige's Executive Suite. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;8/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p36
Presents the views of Rod Paige on the delay of confirmation and nomination for office as Secretary of Education in the United States. Appeal to the US Congress; Creation of a system to improve the pace of confirmation; Denial of the report on the problem of US President George W. Bush on...
- Remarks at Vandenberg Elementary School in Southfield. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/13/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p751
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush at Southfield, Michigan on May 6, 2002 regarding the No Child Left Behind Initiative. Background of Rod Paige, secretary of education; Importance of an education system; Budget for education in 2002.
- Paige, Bush Upbeat on Making ESEA Work. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;9/11/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the efforts of U.S. President George W. Bush and Rod Paige, Secretary of Education, for implementation of the 'No Child Left Behind' Act of 2001 in the U.S. Requirement for meeting a state standard of academic proficiency over twelve years by all students; Option available to...