Muni Fund Pioneer Kurt Larson Retires
- Two on Watch at New Mexico PERA. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the decision of the New Mexico Public Employees' Retirement Association to place American Express Asset Management and MFS Investment Management under scrutiny, in response to underperformance and mutual fund problems in June 2004. Remarks from investment director Bob Gish; Duration...
- Ohio Police & Fire Puts Amex On Watch. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;01/18/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Police and Firemen's Disability & Pension Fund of Ohio, in Columbus, Ohio has put on watch a large-capitalization growth account with American Express Asset Management. Portfolio manager lost by the company on November 30, 1998; Account of Ohio with Scudder Kemper Investments and...
- Philadelphia Teamsters Replaces Manager. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;04/19/99, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p4
Informs that Teamsters Pension Trust Fund, Philadelphia & Vicinity has fired American Express Asset Management Group. Resignation of Guru Baliga from American Express; Finalists in the Teamsters' search for manager; Asset allocation of Teamsters.
- New Mexico PERA Plots Dual Searches. Forde, Arnella I. // Investment Management Weekly;8/23/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the dual searches of manager contract expirations initiated by the New Mexico Public Employees' Retirement Association as of August 23, 2004. Plan of the association to issue request for public proposals to financial managers, according to investment director Bob Gish; Managers with...
- AmEx large-cap style still works. Naese, Susan // Pensions & Investments;11/24/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p8
Reports on performance style of American Express Asset Management. Description of performance style utilized by American Express; Increase in American Express' portfolio; Expansion plans of global operations.
- Earnings growth redefined. Beltran, Luisa; Cintron, Ivan // Black Enterprise;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p38
Features Michael Manns, a senior portfolio manager for American Express Asset Management in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Preferred companies of Manns for investments; Optimism of Manns on the shares of Safeway; Views of Manns on the stocks of Pfizer.
- San Jose 911 to Search For Deputy Director. Forde, Arnella I. // Investment Management Weekly;8/22/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p3
Reports on the plan of the San Jose Police and Fire Retirement Fund to hire an executive search firm to assist in the recruitment of a deputy director, in the U.S. in August 2005.
- Investors fear trouble ahead for Goldilocks. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;08/10/98, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p8
Reports that because of concerns over the economic crisis in Asia and the year 2000 problem, investors at American Express Asset Management Group Incorporated in Minneapolis, Minnesota are lowering their expectations for United States' economic growth. Statistics on American Express decrease of...
- American Express taps Northwinds marketers. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;10/30/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p40
Reports on American Express Asset Management Group Inc.'s setting up of Northwinds Marketing Group. American Express' outsourcing of public plan and some Taft-Hartley marketing to Northwinds; Employees of Northwinds Marketing.