THE ABC OF 'FREE-TRADE' AGREEMENTS
- Globalisation's under the lash. del Port, Rikus // Finance Week;11/2/2001, p8
Comments on globalization and trade liberalization. Opposition of minority groups to globalization; Disadvantages of globalization; Effects of globalization.
- Challenge of the century. Cox, George // Director (00123242);Jul2002 Supplement, Vol. 55, p6
Examines several issues associated with the globalization of trade. Definition of globalization; Advantages and disadvantages of globalization; Challenge of creating wealth and alleviating poverty.
- Tear Down the Wall: Towards a Truly Global World. // Economic Review (05318955);Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9/10, p3
Focuses on the factors affecting the realization of globalization. Economic interaction of one country to another; Democratization of globalization; Elimination of the wall obstructing free trade of goods and labor from developing nations.
- Facing new challenges. // Finance Week;4/26/2002, p34
Reports the challenges faced by farmers in South Africa. Statistics on food expenditure; Performance of the agricultural sector; Impact of globalization and trade liberalization on the agricultural industry.
- The Cultural is Political: A Different Look At The FTAA. Cloutier, Rachelle // Canadian Dimension;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on different aspects of the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA). Aim of the FTAA; Myths and realities about globalization and regionalism; Linkage between Canada's trade and culture; Cultural survival of Canada in FTAA.
- THE BACKLASH COMETH. // Foreign Policy;Sep/Oct2001, Issue 126, p2
Presents an overview of the contents of the September 2001 issue of the journal 'Foreign Policy'. Issue on trade liberalization; Views of Americans toward economic globalization; Pros and cons of globalization.
- Working-Class Internationalism Beyond Slogans. Gindin, Sam // Canadian Dimension;May/Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p30
Discusses issues on globalization and free trade agreements in Canada. Vulnerability of workers to the weakening of organizations and prospects for internationalized solidarity; Goal of a three-part strategy for the project of the country with the U.S. and Mexico in the automobile industry;...
- 'Free Trade' Is Not About Trade. Shniad, Sid // Canadian Dimension;May/Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the free trade agreement between Canada and the U.S. Reaction of the civil society on free trade and corporate-driven globalization; Discussion of unrelated issues in the agreement; Mandate on the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade to reduce tariffs on internationally traded goods.
- Mental colonization. Adler, IIya // Business Mexico;Mar2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the significance of free trade in the economic development in Mexico. Discussions on globalization processes; Influence of mental colonization on individual productivity; Significance of cultural guides in overcoming collective self-esteem.